Silkie thread!

I'd love to get a Silkie or two, but don't think I could, this year. Also, I notice a lot of pictures of Silkies inside the house. What do people keep them in inside the house and is there much of a mess? What about when they go "the bathroom" in the house?

I'd love to get a Silkie or two, but don't think I could, this year.  Also, I notice a lot of pictures of Silkies inside the house.  What do people keep them in inside the house and is there much of a mess?  What about when they go "the bathroom" in the house?

Lol we just bring them inside to cuddle on our laps and watch tv every once in a while and then put them back outside. They can learn to hold their poops when you hold them. Although I did have a silkie rooster growing up who lived in the house. He'd go outside during the day in the yard but then slept in a cage in my room at night. He was kinda spoiled lol

Anyone ever hatch a Silkie chick that looks like this?

I have a white rooster and a black rooster over a pen of blue, black, splash and white hens. I know the white rooster is blue base because he has a blue chest feather.

I guess you could call that a bed side alarm cock.
Haha yup pretty much! He helped me get up for school lol. I got to the point I knew when he was waking up and getting ready to crow. I covered his cage but if he heard me getting up before him and making noise then he'd start to wake up and move around in his cage. So i'd hurry and get him out, put him under my arm and see if I got him outside before he let one out, lol. Plenty of times he'd crow as im running down the hallway lol. He'd spend the day out in the yard where everyone interacted with him like we would a dog. Then he'd wait and peck at the back door at bedtime when he was ready to come in. If I took to long to let him in or it began to rain he'd jump at the door lol. Once I opened it he'd walk in the house and follow me all proudly down the hallway back to our room lol. He was very tame and came up to everyone but would chase strangers and my sister cause she'd provoke him just to get a reaction outta him lol. We all loved him, he was the funnest pet ever lol.

Last edited:
Soun
Haha yup pretty much! He helped me get up for school lol. I got to the point I knew when he was waking up and getting ready to crow. I covered his cage but if he heard me getting up before him and making noise then he'd start to wake up and move around in his cage. So i'd hurry and get him out, put him under my arm and see if I got him outside before he let one out, lol. Plenty of times he'd crow as im running down the hallway lol. He'd spend the day out in the yard where everyone interacted with him like we would a dog. Then he'd wait and peck at the back door at bedtime when he was ready to come in. If I took to long to let him in or it began to rain he'd jump at the door lol. Once I opened it he'd walk in the house and follow me all proudly down the hallway back to our room lol. He was very tame and came up to everyone but would chase strangers and my sister cause she'd provoke him just to get a reaction outta him lol. We all loved him, he was the funnest pet ever lol. 

Sounds funny :)
Do you still have him?

Back
Top Bottom