Silkie thread!

I have 2 Silkies, both born in December. The Roo has the most insane comb...is this typical for a Silkie? He can't see out of his right eye because of it and when he tries to eat out of my hand his depth perception or something makes him unable to get the Treat, which makes me sad!
[/URL]

This is my Hairy ( he passed a couple of weeks ago) But he is gorgeous with his Walnut comb. you may have to hold your hand in different positions for him or give him treats you can hold between 2 fingers so he can grab at it. Nature has a way of adjusting things for every thing. I wouldn't worry about him just make sure he has a shallow feeder and a waterer that doesn't hit his comb before he gets a drink. Alot of the waterers with the rims on them were not wide enough for Hairy.

He is a beauty just like my Hairy!

I have 2 Silkies, both born in December. The Roo has the most insane comb...is this typical for a Silkie? He can't see out of his right eye because of it and when he tries to eat out of my hand his depth perception or something makes him unable to get the Treat, which makes me sad!
[/URL]
ep.gif
Not typical for breeder or show quality silkies, *yikes!* I've never seen combs like that in person. Typical combs on silkies have gotten much smaller over the years.

This was my Karen Larson Catdance bearded breeding white male at six months old. His comb is considered walnut and is typical. Despite his full crest, he free ranged with his flock and had 100% fertility and could see to breed, eat, and drink just fine.

ep.gif
OH MYLANTA
now I kinda feel like the mother of an ugly baby .
idunno.gif

I loved him bunches anyway.
love.gif
but I do not have show quality pets of any breed.

For show quality would that be a dis qualifier?
Maybe it is good he is not here to breed with the new ones.

I am also wondering if I wanted to raise show silkies would the weather here affect the feathering like summer is almost here and we have had some temps on my back deck of 110 deg. already would they feather better in a cooler place?

I also assume show chickens do not have grassy rocky or muddy runs, is there a way to keep show chickens without having to cage them 24/7?

I am also wondering if I wanted to raise show silkies would the weather here affect the feathering like summer is almost here and we have had some temps on my back deck of 110 deg. already would they feather better in a cooler place?

I also assume show chickens do not have grassy rocky or muddy runs, is there a way to keep show chickens without having to cage them 24/7?
As for the last question: yeah, give them baths!

Back
Top Bottom