Silkie thread!

yesss.gif

I would also love to know how you bathe them! I have 13 various breeds of chickens and this is my first Silkie experience. I've raised chickens off and on since a child in 4-H. I love Silkies! Mine is all alone with other hens close to her age (some 3, some 4 months and she's almost 5 months now. I kept her back with the babies thinking she would grow at least as large as other bantams LOL)

Today I meet with a lady who has two Buff Silkies to keep mine, Peeky (named after a skunk attack and one eye) company! I guess I have Silkie fever now, along with the rest of my flock!

Any info I can learn is awesome, and I don't mind if you laugh! I seriously did not know anything about them when I got her and we lost her sibs to the skunk:( (no more skunk now......)

If you take a small bucket and fill it with warm water and some dawn dish soap (make sure it is not to deep you want the chicken to stand up in it).put the chicken in the water. Take them out and dry them. I use a blow dryer. The really like to be blow dried.

If you take a small bucket and fill it with warm water and some dawn dish soap (make sure it is not to deep you want the chicken to stand up in it).put the chicken in the water. Take them out and dry them. I use a blow dryer. The really like to be blow dried.

I agree . However unless my ladies (any breed) get into something oily or yucky I use Baby wash or shampoo. it is gentle and will not strip the oils the ladies take so much time to put on the feathers to keep them nice.

Back
Top Bottom