Silkie thread!

You have pretty red Silkie's! I have bought 2 red Silkie's and both have turned out to be roosters! I paid too much for this last one and breeders thought for sure it was gonna be a hen! I even bought it as a 2 month old instead of a tiny chick! I guess I may as well give up! Tired of wasting my money with no guarantee on sex.

what color would you call this chicks it's gray with brown in it

You have pretty red Silkie's! I have bought 2 red Silkie's and both have turned out to be roosters! I paid too much for this last one and breeders thought for sure it was gonna be a hen! I even bought it as a 2 month old instead of a tiny chick! I guess I may as well give up! Tired of wasting my money with no guarantee on sex.

There's a $25 lab fee for testing Silkie chicks on sex but it's like a 4+ weeks wait so it's best just to wait til a Silkie grows out. We weren't sure of our cockerel until 5 months old and then crowed. I suspected it was a male at 3 months but weren't certain until the crowing and when he mounted his sister. He was re-homed the next day. I hated to re-home him he was so sweet but I couldn't have him wearing out his little sister.

Back
Top Bottom