Silkie thread!

Lovely birds! I'm going to add rice. I feed mine banana, too. They love yogurt and greens. Are non-bearded more popular where you live?

Thanks, many people prefer the bearded in the show ring. I'm very pragmatic and find that the non bearded are better suited to farm life. I do have a few bearded
But I tend to keep them penned up as they would make tasty snacks for our lovely white goshawk, if I didn't. ;)

I have a silk rooster, he is so sweet, I feel kind of bad, the poor guy always hangs out alone, my other chickens don't really like being held, but he loves being held. What do you do when it rains? Mine have shelter, but my silky I have to bring in the house

Yes, they come back in after they molt. Its important not to trim too close to the eye and try not to get carried away, I've seen some hideous haircuts. :D

I have this one young girl and her crest was so long around the eyes that it was getting covered in fermented feed, then she would dust bathe and all the dirt would stick to it...it looked like she had dreadlocks! She couldn't see a thing! I didn't go crazy...but I had to trim it back. Here's her right after getting shampooed, blowdried and the "bang trim"...

Lovely birds! I'm going to add rice. I feed mine banana, too. They love yogurt and greens. Are non-bearded more popular where you live?

Thanks, many people prefer the bearded in the show ring. I'm very pragmatic and find that the non bearded are better suited to farm life. I do have a few bearded
But I tend to keep them penned up as they would make tasty snacks for our lovely white goshawk, if I didn't. ;)

Every time you post pics of your chooks I want to do a little dance, they're so pretty :lol: :cd

I have this one young girl and her crest was so long around the eyes that it was getting covered in fermented feed, then she would dust bathe and all the dirt would stick to it...it looked like she had dreadlocks! She couldn't see a thing! I didn't go crazy...but I had to trim it back. Here's her right after getting shampooed, blowdried and the "bang trim"...

Ruby she's gorgeous!
love.gif

Every time you post pics of your chooks I want to do a little dance, they're so pretty
lol.png
D.gif

x2!!

I can attest to the funny haircuts! in all the rain my polish "DOO" was hanging in her face so i lopped off the offending chunk and then when it dried it was all off one side so she kept holding her head to the side she could see best from! YES, it is fixed now! it was not very "cute"!

I agree. My wife and I disagree, however. I think it's more difficult to find well bred non-bearded Silkies here.

Back
Top Bottom