Silkie thread!

No, I'm actually silkie-less at the moment, after my funny, adorable black silkie hen was recently killed by a hawk.
hit.gif

Ok I do not know if I am going crazy but is anyone else's chickens on their best behavior when you are around?? one of my roosters is causing issues they fight I have been keeping one in chicken jail even my hens act good!! I cant tell who because they all behave awesome when I am around!! I will hear a fight as soon as they see me they are like we didn't do anything mom!! my daughter came in crying my black silkie rooster attacked her! I didn't believe her because it never happens when I am outside!! I had to send her out close the door and peek thru the mini blinds because they even behave when I am looking out the screen door!! what the heck my chickens are brilliant scam artist!!

Last edited:
A few behinds, just not close up. :D

He's only about 4 and half months, I can see some streamers.

No streamers here.

Last night I put a few of the silkie roosters up on the roost with the large fowl girls they are living with. Two of them figured out how to get themselves up there tonight. Took me a moment to find them. They were snuggled in between hens.

I should be able to hatch a few crosses this spring for egg layers. I caught two of them mounting new hampshire hens today.

My roosts are 2x4s laid flat

Last edited:
Last night I put a few of the silkie roosters up on the roost with the large fowl girls they are living with. Two of them figured out how to get themselves up there tonight. Took me a moment to find them. They were snuggled in between hens.

I should be able to hatch a few crosses this spring for egg layers. I caught two of them mounting new hampshire hens today.

My roosts are 2x4s laid flat

Got to post pics of your crosses when they hatch!

Did you hear? Canon has a Mirrorless M6 camera coming out that can use the DSLR lenses but the body is much lighter/compact but it'll never fit MY budget! If ever in the future my T5 fails to serve me maybe the M6 will have come down in price (wishful thinking)!

Back
Top Bottom