Silkie thread!

She really doesn't know what's going on

Last night I put a few of the silkie roosters up on the roost with the large fowl girls they are living with. Two of them figured out how to get themselves up there tonight. Took me a moment to find them. They were snuggled in between hens.

I should be able to hatch a few crosses this spring for egg layers. I caught two of them mounting new hampshire hens today.

My roosts are 2x4s laid flat

Last night I put a few of the silkie roosters up on the roost with the large fowl girls they are living with. Two of them figured out how to get themselves up there tonight. Took me a moment to find them. They were snuggled in between hens.

I should be able to hatch a few crosses this spring for egg layers. I caught two of them mounting new hampshire hens today.

My roosts are 2x4s laid flat

The impressive part is where they flew 3 feet off the ground. They have been sleeping in the wood nest boxes that the big girls only use during heavy laying season

The impressive part is where they flew 3 feet off the ground. They have been sleeping in the wood nest boxes that the big girls only use during heavy laying season

This is all new for me last april is when I got all my babies!! This has defiantly been a learning experience thankful I do no a few breeders and learned not very one has the same issue!! I was terrified reading about people whos regular chickens killed their silkies which was a horrible thought thankful I haven't had a issue I have 10 silkie and sizzle style and 9 different full size chickens!! (maybe it my two roosters or not). I called my friend freaking out when I seen bunny and called my friend and asked because she told me silkies don't fly!! I guess the can jump very high!! I did have to re home my favorite rooster because I was the only one allowed in my back yard!! lol but then my friend gave me blue and he is beautiful!!!!

Back
Top Bottom