Silkie thread!

Out of 13 there are 2 silkies and the roo...rest are large fowl. So he will have 10 girls to himself....plus all my ducks and 2 guineas. I'm mainly worried about coop and times they can't be totally free ranged as he is a young roo and definitely hormonal. He thinks the ducks are his girls too...much to the dismay of Drake's...lol. My ducks are all cooped separate from chickens but share run and free range time. I do lock all in at night for protection and it's during this time and morning I worry mostly. They will be able to keep away from him while free ranging as it's 10 acres, but maybe not in run or coop. He's pretty big already and would squash a lil silkie if he was determined to mate her.

I'm not sure it will be an issue-- hope not... I'm thinking the focus will be on getting out the freaking door in the morning. In the dark they are safe .

Hey guys,
Here are my showgirls that I hatched recently. The first was hatched about 6 weeks ago. At hatch, it looked like streamers in the back of head.

Now, the feathers look a little shredded. What do you think?
IMG_1932.JPG

Today, I hatched 2 white Showgirls .
52055480756__7774539F-BBD7-40FA-8925-9F8BE0556B5F.JPG
IMG_1962.JPG

Any clue about the naked comb area?

Last edited:
That's true they all try run out at same time...lol. I'm expanding coop and could just coop silkies by themselves but if I do I think I'll get a few more

Thanks was hoping for a lil roo but 2 girls is quite alright. If I separate em from my big guy Brahma then I may do a bantam coop when I expand coop next month. Then I'll get a lil guy of some sort

July 1st 2017! The 14 chicks are 8-9 weeks old and are just having a nice time out in our yard!

We still have no idea which chicks are roosters or hens.... any ideas? Let us know!

( that epic music in the background belongs to my neighbor)

Happy 4th Everyone, be safe & relax

Attachments

• IMG_3235.JPG
    IMG_3235.JPG
    328.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom