Silkie thread!

20% is good
Which vitamins? sav-a-chick?
A big gallon jug of poultry vitamins, I'll check the name later tonight, but it covers all the main vitamins that are recommended for treating wry neck (had a chick with it that is now recovered) decided itd be a good idea to supplement vitamins to everyone while they're still young.

A big gallon jug of poultry vitamins, I'll check the name later tonight, but it covers all the main vitamins that are recommended for treating wry neck (had a chick with it that is now recovered) decided itd be a good idea to supplement vitamins to everyone while they're still young.
If it has a high amount of vit A, then it may actually be a vitamin A overload
hmm.png
. vit A deficiency and overload do pretty much the same thing.

If it has a high amount of vit A, then it may actually be a vitamin A overload
hmm.png
. vit A deficiency and overload do pretty much the same thing.
It does contain vitamin A, but it says it's fine for daily use :/ I guess I can stop them and see what happens. I still don't know what is going on with its eyes, I'm going to stop the antibiotics tomorrow also, as it's been almost 2 weeks. I feel awful that I can't help it, and I'm running out of ideas :( thanks for the advice though ! :) anything helps!

HELP!!
i posted last week about a 10 wk old chick with eye issues... They were swollen and sealing shut.. I've given antibiotics along with flushing it's eyes with saline for a week and a half and still no improvement :/ it is also half the size of its siblings.. I don't know what else to do.. It is separated from the others, eating/drinking normal and still has its vision..
I am sorry about your little chick. I hope it is not coccidiosis....

For some reason the other girls don't like these two so I moved them into their own quarters. They are very happy together.
Good for them. They seem happy :)

Bought my first incubator! Have it running to check the temps. What should the temp be? Also how do you make humidity? It's a little giant still air incubator with an egg turner in it. I don't have a manual with it, I bought it used, so if anyone can give me a step by step on how to use it and the temp/humidity levels that would be awesome! I plan to set the eggs saturday so I am home if and when they hatch.
Good for you! My temperature is usually at 99.5, and try my best to keep my humidity at 45% from day 1 to 18. After I keep it at 70%, but it all depend of where you live.
I didn't know cocci could cause eye issues :/
I don't know about the eye shut, but if she isn't active, kind of fluffed she might. Have you seen any blood?

can someone tell me what is the best % layer should be fed to silkies????
I do not feed layer to my silkies but this it is just a personal choice. I gave them starter with 22% protein, but make sure they have oyster shell available at all times. I also supplement with Alfalfa, flax seed, BOSS, etc... They are thriving. However, thanks to Mumsy, I am giving it a try to fermented feed tomorrow.
Thank you! I have the Silkies in coop right now with a Barred Rock and a New Hampshire.We just got 3 white Lehorns, 3 Red Sex Links, and 3 Aracaunas. We are building a new pen for the Silkies and possibly 3 of the new chicks. I'm going to put the other 6 in with the other 2 hens. Of the 3 new chick beeds, which breed would you recommend putting with my Silkies?
If you have the space, I would suggest to have them separate from your LF, but if you can't I wouldn't add your Leghorns. They are very feisty and nervous.

Good for you! My temperature is usually at 99.5, and try my best to keep my humidity at 45% from day 1 to 18. After I keep it at 70%, but it all depend of where you live.
I don't know about the eye shut, but if she isn't active, kind of fluffed she might. Have you seen any blood?
It's pretty active, normal poop, no blood. Just stunted growth and swollen eyes :/ it's seriously half the size of its same aged siblings

Back
Top Bottom