Silkie thread!

Are silkies generally as intelligent as other chickens? I have one silkie who just can't find her/his way back into the pen and all my other pullets learned on the first try. This poor thing keeps bumping into the chicken wire trying to go through it.
Is this normal? He/she is 3 months and vision isn't blocked.

All of my girls were stumped by the magical force field of chicken wire. I have had to show every one how to get into their coop. They all went from one side of the coop with a run (grow out side) to the side of the coop where they get to free range everyday. They all got it after a couple nights. But it might take a few times before they get it on their own.

Quote: His colour is excellent! Back looks long, but as he is still young, that could look quite different once he grows in his tail and matures. I like that his colouring is so clear and his comb so dark,,It is really hard to get that combination. In general her type looks better right now. $50 for the pair is a HUGE steal; I would probably say at least double that.

Are silkies generally as intelligent as other chickens? I have one silkie who just can't find her/his way back into the pen and all my other pullets learned on the first try. This poor thing keeps bumping into the chicken wire trying to go through it.
Is this normal? He/she is 3 months and vision isn't blocked.
If his vision isn't blocked by muffs or crest, check the eyes, and see if they look clear or cloudy, and if it reacts to light or a moving object

Before

After
I think the "tape therapy" worked! Thanks for all the help!

i am getting 5 silkie chicks in a couple weeks. cant wait. Right now I have 65 meaties and 12 layers and 4 ducks, that are all 3 weeks old. Your pics are so cute.

Back
Top Bottom