Silkie thread!

Not-quite-two month old chick that I like. It looks to actually have a nice round crest-I normally get bonnets. Foot feathering looks good too.

One of my cockerels looking over two pullets (and another cockerel) dust bathing. I like this guy, especially his crest.

Not-quite-two month old chick that I like. It looks to actually have a nice round crest-I normally get bonnets. Foot feathering looks good too.

One of my cockerels looking over two pullets (and another cockerel) dust bathing. I like this guy, especially his crest.
Your baby looks just like mine! I think I may have 2 boys. So far all of my white chicks I have hatched have been pullets. I don't know what a white boy from my girls would even look like lol. My boys from my blue hen and roo get pretty good sized walnuts, but if I do have any white 5 month old boys, they sure look like girls and not like their brothers, who are definitely all boys! The 10 week olds look like yours and are very petite. Ill try to get pics tomorrow. They are all sleeping now.

Can someone show me the difference between the different crest types? Like, bonnet as mentioned in the previous post?

This is one of my hens, see how the back of her crest is higher, there is a visible dip, then it poofs back up and out again? That is a bonnet crest. It has lobes rather than being a round, globular puff.

My white babies (its a little blurry sorry) You can tell which ones are the 10 week olds, they are the itty bitties. Grayson was the only one of the older brothers I questions for awhile. Man silkies keep you guessing!

Here are the big boys at the 10 week and 6 month ages

Grayson

Sheldon

Chance

Last edited:
My white babies (its a little blurry sorry) You can tell which ones are the 10 week olds, they are the itty bitties. Grayson was the only one of the older brothers I questions for awhile. Man silkies keep you guessing!

Here are the big boys at the 10 week and 6 month ages

Grayson

Sheldon

Chance

Wow- they've grown! Beauties!

Back
Top Bottom