Silkie thread!

[COLOR=B22222]Just wanted to show off my prettiest girl Dixie :) [/COLOR] [COLOR=B22222]And say Happy Moms day to all the mothers out there! :)[/COLOR]
Beautiful! I also own a Dixie!

Well after getting up in the middle of the night twice to wet down her inner membrane, the chick is out and under momma. Very weak. Chirping though. She has a little blood from where her umbilical was. Probably because the egg was pretty dried out I'm guessing. She didn't have to work very hard to get out so she isnt very strong. We have to leave at 10 am so I hope she perks up. I don't want to try vitamins or sugar water on a chick that can't hold her head up yet. Ive aspirated a chick before and it is heartbreaking. Thanks so much everyone that helped me last night!!!! I would have had a nervous breakdown, over a chicken. I'll update whe I get home.                        Oh yeah, and she is partridge.  I think I'll call her Seven. 

So happy she is doing great!!! The cutest little hairdo ever :)

Dixie is gorgeous, Iluvmysilkies

Beautiful! I also own a Dixie!

Thanks and you too!!! She is beautiful!

She is so ridiculously beautiful!
Thanks everyone, i feel pretty lucky to have found her. She's the prettiest one I have so far. Although I have several more babies and so far one of my 6wk old white ones is getting a huge round crest to so I cant wait to see who else is going to be super fluffy like her :) And Katz, your dixie is adorable to :)

Hi everyone. Thought I'd share the silkie rooster that came along with two polish hens that my husband got me for mothers day. The farmer my husband got the polish from said the silkie had to go too since his bigger roosters beat up on the silkie. All I wanted was to start a nice small flock of hens for laying purposes and I end up with a very handsome fluff ball but its ok he's very sweet and easy natured.
congrats! !! He is handsome!

Thanks everyone, i feel pretty lucky to have found her. She's the prettiest one I have so far. Although I have several more babies and so far one of my 6wk old white ones is getting a huge round crest to so I cant wait to see who else is going to be super fluffy like her :) And Katz, your dixie is adorable to :)

Aww thanks! :) I love your Dixie's color! And she is so fluffy!

I have just recently brought a quartet of silkies, 2 white hens, a black hen and a ginger cockerel. My question is what colour will the offspring be from each of these hen crossed with the ginger cockerel?

Back
Top Bottom