Silkie thread!

We've had so much rain here , high winds and flooding . A tree limb went through the middle of one of my coops. Now we all know how determined silkies are but check this SLW broody out. :D

Also managed to get the splash babies out for awhile. :)

I wonder if she even moved when it fell, I am glad they are all ok

I wonder if she even moved when it fell, I am glad they are all ok

Broodies are tenacious. The latch unhinged and dropped the heavy egg box lid while my broody Silkie was in one of the nest slots - she never even cackled or jumped out of the box when it crashed down hard. They are in such a torpor that nothing will make them move - loud noises, shaking, etc. 4th of July firecrackers and fireworks in the neighborhood don't bother them while all the dogs in the area are howling!

Ok jade is FEISTY! Today I cought her trying to fight a chicken twice her size! ( not 100% sure she is a she but that's what i was told :) ) she'll even peck my hand, this morning when I went to unlock the chickens I found her standing in the nesting box (not laying an egg just standing in there) why is she so feisty? Or is that just her personality?
Here is a pic of her I took today

Last edited:
Ok jade is FEISTY! Today I cought her trying to fight a chicken twice her size! ( not 100% sure she is a she but that's what i was told :) ) she'll even peck my hand, this morning when I went to unlock the chickens I found her standing in the nesting box (not laying an egg just standing in there) why is she so feisty? Or is that just her personality?
Here is a pic of her I took today

Looks like a girl to me. No streamers. Rounded body. I'd say personality. My girls are way more feisty then my boys lol.

Sex? I've been told both male and female on this bird. Haha. 6 month old splash silkie. I've seen some silkie hens with combs, and that's my confusion. I'm also not sure if it has streamers or just a really prominent crest.

Back
Top Bottom