Silkie thread!

I would think cockerel, because of the puffy tail, but I could be wrong. I will be able to tell in a couple of weeks. If you can post a picture of him/her in a couple of weeks I will probably be able to tell the gender he/her is!
263a.png

Last edited:
Thanks for the response! Never had a silkie or frizzle. His brother died so I have to figure out what I'm going to do with him.

Get your Sizzle another Sizzle companion. We had 2 regular Silkies but one turned out a cockerel and had to be re-homed so we searched out a 3 to 4-month old regular Silkie pullet as a companion for the lone Silkie. They aren't the best buddies but seem to toodle around together away from the large fowl. I haven't regretted having at least two Silkies together -- they are now 6 yrs old.

and the scrap meats, it makes sense since they are omnivores... I just do not see how an organism that has never been able to digest something so complex as milk is able to

I don't offer milk because the pasteurized stuff has no benefit so why feed something indigestible to humans or animals is my thinking? But soured or curdled w/ live bacillus is much better. My farm Mom made her own cheese, butter, and yogurt direct from her Holstein cow and the chickens, ducks, and geese went nuts for the yogurt.

I wouldn't chance a guess this young. The girls are round and poofy but the boys will develop streamers in their tails and crests that sort of sweeps backwards in some lines. With Partridge it is easier to tell boys from girls because the cockerels are so much more colorful and shinier than the pullets. But other colors are not so easy to tell early.

I wouldn't chance a guess this young.  The girls are round and poofy but the boys will develop streamers in their tails and crests that sort of sweeps backwards in some lines.  With Partridge it is easier to tell boys from girls because the cockerels are so much more colorful and shinier than the pullets.  But other colors are not so easy to tell early.
OK thanks

Back
Top Bottom