Silkie thread!

I just picked up 2 silkies today & im going back for more tomorrow!! I thought my australourpe was a pretty awesome bird, but think I'm completely in LOVE with my silkies!
1f60d.png
1f60d.png
1f60d.png

Silkies are awesome chickens! They aren't for everyone but those of us who have them absolutely adore them! If you are getting chicks you can't tell males from females so have a plan for re-homing cockerels if you wind up with too many. I get older female juveniles or sexed chicks so I don't get stranded with males which I'm not zoned for them. Silkies are cuddly little lovebugs but useful too.

Bug Patrol

Great egg layers too

Kids LUV them!

[COLOR=FF0000]EMERGENCY!!! Please Help[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]Hello,  my silkie hen who is 4 years old seems bloated and possibly spraddled her legs (or it's just added weight). I was gone on a 2wk vacation and had family and friends watch my chickens. When I checked on my silkie she had trouble getting up this morning and she still does. When she attempts to walk she falls over. Also, she did have a good amount of poo stuck on her bum however i did take it off easily, it crumbled right off. I added electrolytes to her water, but I'm not sure what is really wrong with her. Can someone please help guess what may have caused this and what this is? Thank You.[/COLOR]
t

I might suspect wry neck except it does not cause bloating at all.

Silkies are awesome chickens! They aren't for everyone but those of us who have them absolutely adore them! If you are getting chicks you can't tell males from females so have a plan for re-homing cockerels if you wind up with too many. I get older female juveniles or sexed chicks so I don't get stranded with males which I'm not zoned for them. Silkies are cuddly little lovebugs but useful too. Bug Patrol Great egg layers too Kids LUV them! [/quote It is so cute and I am a silkie lover.

HELP!!!!
1f425.png
1f425.png
1f425.png

My friend has a silkie chick who is about 2 months old and started sneezing. He was worried about the sneezing and runny nose so he put VetRX in the water as instructed for 1 week maybe a day over. The chick has been off the vetRX for almost 2 weeks. The nose and eyes seemed to get better but the sneezing never stopped. Today he noticed her eyes were bubbly and also sneezing about every 10-15mins. What should he do?!

Back
Top Bottom