Silkie thread!

Quote:
My understanding is that white may hide several colors, so the combination may be most anything or a mix of colors. Hopefully you will get some advice from someone who has done it or has a solid understanding of genetics.
big_smile.png

What I'm trying for is a paint or splash.But like you say it's all a mystery.

Last edited:
Quote:
My understanding is that white may hide several colors, so the combination may be most anything or a mix of colors. Hopefully you will get some advice from someone who has done it or has a solid understanding of genetics.
big_smile.png

What I'm trying for is a paint or splash.But like you say it's all a mystery.

To get splash you need 2 blues or a blue and a splash
to get paint you need birds that already carry the paint gene.

Black X white will get you black, blue, or partridge most likely. BUT white hides any color, and you will have no idea what it will throw until you breed it, you could get a good blue bird, OR you could get a bunch of off-colored nonstandard colors

I'm still looking for input on color of my little Sept hatched silkie I just purchased. Also wondering if color will change. Father is a blue & mom is a splash. More pictures on page 1313 of this thread. Thanks.
29368_silkie_porcelainjpg_6.jpg

Quote:
She is most probably a Splash (double Blue dilution) but she is a very egally diluted Splash (allmost no darker spots) the deep red color she have on the wing is most probably autosomal red.
I look to this bird with an EU-eye ;-)

Back
Top Bottom