Silkie thread!

Well his is the smallest of the bunch :( I'm so screwed. Does anyone ever WANT cockrels, on purpose? I can't bear the thought of somebody killing them but I cannot, positively cannot have 6 roosters in my back yard.
Hahahaha!!! Funny you should say that... Because I do!!! Ive always wanted a bunch of Roo's but always end up with hens! Or hens and not drakes! I lost my roo boy a few weeks ago and the one I thought was a roo I'm now thinking its a hen. :( Lmao!!! Even with my kids! I wanted boys and I'm blessed with THREE girls under the age of 8

A while back we put three silkies up on craigslist. They were pet quality, from a local 'breeder' who'd let single combs into her line so we weren't keeping them no matter what they were. Well, two we were sure were roos, the third we couldn't tell. Guess what? We sold the two roos, and still have the other one! Someone only wanted roos cause he was outfitting his dad with a backyard flock and they already had girls but wanted roos that wouldn't be mean--they bought both the boys and were tickled with them.

It can happen!

Hahahaha!!! Funny you should say that...
Because I do!!! Ive always wanted a bunch of Roo's but always end up with hens!
Or hens and not drakes! I lost my roo boy a few weeks ago and the one I thought was a roo I'm now thinking its a hen.
sad.png

Lmao!!! Even with my kids! I wanted boys and I'm blessed with THREE girls under the age of 8

Well his is the smallest of the bunch :( I'm so screwed. Does anyone ever WANT cockrels, on purpose? I can't bear the thought of somebody killing them but I cannot, positively cannot have 6 roosters in my back yard.

Yeah I'm always stuck with girls!! I hatched out 4 Roos and a dog crossed our yard and killed all my Roos didn't touch one hen! But wiped me out of roosters.
Every time it seems like I get one they end up gettIng eattin
The one I have now my big EE roo Hurt his leg and won't bear any weight on it.
I have no clue what he did but he's hurt :(

All my silkie eggs are pure white! Many different silkies from many different breeders....maybe its what they eat?

Im getting white (almost) eggs from my white pen and light brown eggs from my black pen. the buff pen is a range of colors. I dont think it has to do with the bird's color, other whites Ive had in the past have laid light brown. maybe some kind of egg color gene.

I am purchasing silkie hatching eggs. I have never owned or even had contact with a silkie in my lifetime. I know this is going to sound dumb but do any of you keep your silkies with other chickens ? I have bantam cochins and worried that the silkies will get picked on. I know they are chickens but they seem fragile to me. LOL I don't know what I'm trying to say. I would like them to all live together but would be crushed if they were injured. My cochin hens can be rough on each other. And I would not keep 2 roos together. I can seperate them if need be. Any help is appreciated. thanks

Back
Top Bottom