Silkie thread!

Their beautiful Shadow!
love.gif
You can actually get them to pose?

With work you can 'train' them to calm down and hold still for when you want to show them, they need to get used to being calm in a small cage around other birds...but that 'pose' is pretty natural though all the pictures I took yesterday I just happened to catch them standing still while they were all free ranging. :)

An unusual question... I had my SG roo out, letting him roam the yard and while he was roaming, he found the very dirty underside of our diesel pick-up truck... Now he looks like a paint roo... How and what would you use to get the grease, grit, and grime out of his white feathers????

A couple of his favorite girls found it to, but not as bad as him...

Last edited:
An unusual question... I had my SG roo out, letting him roam the yard and while he was roaming, he found the very dirty underside of our diesel pick-up truck... Now he looks like a paint roo... How and what would you use to get the grease, grit, and grime out of his white feathers????

A couple of his favorite girls found it to, but not as bad as him...
Dawn =)

Behold...... PRINCESS FLUFFY. Names that to spite my other half. He was making fun of my name suggestions and said "if you are gonna name her a stupid name like that you may as well call her Princess Fluffy". Needless to say the name has stuck and he is slightly bent out of shape for even opening his mouth now. Such sweet revenge.

Onto the pics. This girl is probably my best bird from the last hatch. What a looker for 5mo of age.

5937ACE6-E190-4F5A-9F0C-A91E08BA1A4A-275-0000004A1B95CD5D_zpsa3b2a813.jpg

1DDBE845-49AF-483A-B5D2-DFCAA46B78BB-275-0000004A242F9088_zps75cb619a.jpg

Behold...... PRINCESS FLUFFY. Names that to spite my other half. He was making fun of my name suggestions and said "if you are gonna name her a stupid name like that you may as well call her Princess Fluffy". Needless to say the name has stuck and he is slightly bent out of shape for even opening his mouth now. Such sweet revenge.
Onto the pics. This girl is probably my best bird from the last hatch. What a looker for 5mo of age.
5937ACE6-E190-4F5A-9F0C-A91E08BA1A4A-275-0000004A1B95CD5D_zpsa3b2a813.jpg

1DDBE845-49AF-483A-B5D2-DFCAA46B78BB-275-0000004A242F9088_zps75cb619a.jpg
She's just gorgeous! :love

The naming story is something you won't forget, which is what it's all about :D

wee.gif
You had a good hatch. Congratulations! They are beautiful! I am so happy for you Cinders!
big_smile.png
Thanksssss I am happy for me too since this is my first hatch. I took a chance on my broody hen Lacy and she pulled through for me and did a fantastic job. I do have one chick that has a little piece of extra toe nail sticking out of the side of it's last toe. Don't know what to do about that. Also another one has the last two half way fused together and again don't know if I should get help with that or not. Any suggestions? I would like to get them whatever shots or treatments they need. Can you buy the shots yourself or do you need a vet or trained person?

Back
Top Bottom