Silkie Thread!!!

never know unless you try! i really need some contestants! i think he could win
wink.png

Thanks, I entered him and a frizzle mixed pullet of mine. Are you judging the contest? If not I think you should enter too!
bun.gif

yeah i am judging :p i wish i could enter though but i can't... i like judging better anyway though... plus i don't have any pics of the girls before their molt that i could use.... :( i wouldn't be able to beat your rooster :/

I don't have a Silkie yet, but I want one...they are so cute! Maybe this spring I can join the flock here
fl.gif
Question though about Silkies and other breeds together...Do you have any issues with other breeds picking on them or do they usually do ok with together? I have been planning on getting one but will I need to get two so that she would have a "buddy"?

Mine do okay together but my only silkie is a rooster. It tends to be the polish that get picked on with me. One of mine almost died from an araucana hen. Silkies are fine though in my experience.

Oh and yes, I would probably get two of them or another breed to have her grow up with if you get her as a chick. I got mine and a polish as buddies.

Oooh..just what I need, an excuse to get another chicken! lol I just started with my chickens a couple months ago. I had received 2-4 month old RIR & BSL. I add 4 more chicks last week. I definitely want to add a silkie to my mix...guess it will need to be 2!
celebrate.gif

Good luck! I am going to add more chickens to my flock this spring also. For sure more silkies! My rooster is soooooo sweet and docile!

Back
Top Bottom