Silkie x Polish Cross??

stephys_fluffybutts

Songster
12 Years
Feb 6, 2007
chickensmackdown
I wonder if anybody has mixed silkie and polish together??

What do they look like and does anybody have photos??
I am quite interested because I have never seen one before and I might get one...

How long do they live for?? do they live as long as purebreed chickens??

Last edited by a moderator:
This is mine ..

015.jpg

I am guessing that your gal is a Black Polish and Black silkie Cross lol And shes adorable....I just love the black skin.

Anybody else have other pictures to share?

WOW that chicken is soooo pretty!!!! MInd if I ask what the band is for? Might be a stupid question but ya never know unless ya ask...also I just bought some chickens that some one was "tired of" and they had bands also.

It depends but usually its from Having Birds Npip tested. The state comes and tests birds for pallorum. Its a special metal numbered band that can be permently attached to the birds leg. So that they will be easily identified and that way they know that bird was already tested the next time they do it. So pretty much they are tagging the bird.

Breeders use them also.
With so many birds that look the same it helps to indentify the age of the bird and something specific..like where it came from and the name of the bird. Somtimes its hard to tell whos who....

I have to band my birds because I have 60 of them..I can tell whos who but my Mom has a hard time. So we use color coated and numbered bands.

Back
Top Bottom