Silkie x Polish Hen? Roo? 11 Weeks old ....

Jendito

In the Brooder
Mar 23, 2015
It is not easy .... I have not had either of these breeds before these were hatched by my kids and myself and are now 11 weeks old. We had HORRIBLE hatching rates this year and ended up with all males from what we had but these two I am not sure of! I need some of your expert skills and have done some research but still lost .... learning curves haha!

I took two general pics .... but I can provide anything someone might need to see or know!! just ask me and I will provide ;)

I can update the thread with any pics and info!

Again thank you so much !!

Last edited:
They came from a silkie roo and polish hen :)

Thanks guys we saved the first from being shrink wrapped and splayed leg .... I was sure hoping to keep the pair but any pullets with our rate this year are welcome hahahah!!

If you don't mind me asking what are you looking for when seeing a roo or pullet?

Last edited:
They came from a silkie roo and polish hen
smile.png

Thanks guys we saved the first from being shrink wrapped and splayed leg .... I was sure hoping to keep the pair but any pullets with our rate this year are welcome hahahah!!

If you don't mind me asking what are you looking for when seeing a roo or pullet?
You're welcome. The main difference in these two is that the bottom bird appears to be developing the long pointing saddle feathers of a cockerel. The top bird is lacking these.

Back
Top Bottom