Silkie

Hello!

Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC. Sweet photos! :love I'm a total Silkie lover here.

Hello!

Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC. Sweet photos! :love I'm a total Silkie lover here.

Thanks for the lovely welcome, yes silkies are lovely birds, just wanted to ask a question, I accidentally dropped an egg and both my girls devoured it but is it a good idea to give them an egg now and again or might it encourage them to break their eggs and start eat them!

Thanks for the lovely welcome, yes silkies are lovely birds, just wanted to ask a question, I accidentally dropped an egg and both my girls devoured it but is it a good idea to give them an egg now and again or might it encourage them to break their eggs and start
eat them!

It's best to give them scrambled eggs. This changes both color and texture of the eggs, thus prevents egg eating. Once they acquire that habit, it ruins the hen.

Any advice please, my little black silkie who has taken to laying her eggs in a flower pot has now decided to go broody in same flower pot!! I'm in Ireland so it's cold at night and I have to lift her every night and put her into coop, should I just block off same pot to discourage her?

Back
Top Bottom