Silkied Ameraucana Project

Not sure about frizzles, but I'm sure it'd be an interesting project!

Been caught up with a lot of things going on lately, but up to about 40 chicks hatched out and 92 more eggs in the incubator. There's going to be a lot of culling beyond just moving birds to the laying flock, but I think it'll be worth it for the project progress it'll help make possible. If only it was reasonable to hatch year round - could try for two generations in a year for faster progress!

Anyone have silkied Ameraucana chicks for sale?

How many you want?

I can sell you black silkied chicks and I can ship
smile.png

They won't be pure Blacks though as a lot of them will be split for Lavender.

Last edited:
Hope this thread isnt too old for someone to help me. This is my first time raising silkie chicks. They r about 2 weeks old and r having a hard time pooping. I am giving them chick starter and eletrolites and probiotics in their water. One chirps real loud and fast when it is trying to poop. Anyone?

Hope this thread isnt too old for someone to help me. This is my first time raising silkie chicks. They r about 2 weeks old and r having a hard time pooping. I am giving them chick starter and eletrolites and probiotics in their water. One chirps real loud and fast when it is trying to poop. Anyone?

This thread isn't about the Silkie breed. Do a search in the section linked below and you will find more info. Sounds like they may need their rear ends washed to remove dried poo keeping them from being able to go. I just feed chick starter and for water I use organic Heinz or Bragg apple cider vinegar (w/ the mother) - 1 tbs to 1 gallon of water. Never have any problems.

Check this section:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/10/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures

Just popping in to add a pic
wink.png

This was taken 4/13/14 - one week old. 3 of these little ones hatched and 1 blue non-silkied feathered one. I will post more pics of all 4 soon. Very excited about these little ones
woot.gif

Back
Top Bottom