Silkied Ameraucana Project

I just checked and I have a 50lb bag of the recalled feed
sad.png
Thanks so much for the information
goodpost.gif

I checked with my feed store on the way to work this morning and my bag is the same LOT# but different DATE than the recall. However, the recalled bags were sold at some of their other locations.

Classic! The whole Ameruacana argument is crazy! I try hard to stay out of it. I guess if you just refer to them as a project it helps.
I had to laugh at my husband because he bought a malti-poo for our daughter... Did you know you can't breed a malti-poo to a malti-poo and get malti-poos? That's what the lady told him so I said 'you just bought an expensive mutt.' (Don't know if what she said is true or mot... Nor do I really care because we won't be breeding her.)

Here is the little blue - 2 weeks old today. The splashes ( 2 silkied - 1 regular) would not cooperate for a photo shoot. The are very skittish.

How well do they typically fly as adults? They certainly fly very well as babies
wink.png

Day 14 candle results:
All but 2 of my eggs were too dark to see anything (all of my eggs are green colors, some pretty dark), except the size of the air sac, which is a little bigger than normal for this point on most of them, so I added some water. The 2 I could see were healthy. Nice veins, a little twitchy movement, even in some of the dark ones I could see twitches. So, at this point I'm going to say all 16 are still in the race :)

Today is day 18, final candle and lockdown! All the air sacs looked good and I saw flutters of movement in most of the eggs, so I put all 16 eggs in lockdown! They're scheduled to hatch on my birthday, so let's hope I have a wonderful birthday surprise!

Today is day 18, final candle and lockdown! All the air sacs looked good and I saw flutters of movement in most of the eggs, so I put all 16 eggs in lockdown! They're scheduled to hatch on my birthday, so let's hope I have a wonderful birthday surprise!

Oh yes an AWESOME birthday surprise!!! Go babies go!!!

I'm being so whiney right now cause it's day 20 and I still don't have any pips... normally I have an early hatcher lol. I'll worry on day 23

Back
Top Bottom