Silkied Ameraucana Project

I ended up with 10.. the last one to hatch was another blue.. and the other egg was a clear

now if my older silkied ams would come on with the fertile eggs I would be a happy camper.. getting eggs.. but the boys need some mood music or something..

Thespoiledchicken, these are the 7 I had hatch. I've got 9 still in the bator that aren't showing any signs of life so I'm shutting it down. I figured I'd get allot 8 to hatch so I'm pretty happy :)

Went to start my eggtopsy and could hear peeps coming from one of the eggs. This guy pipped internally but hadn't broken the shell yet. Oh the other 8 eggs, 2 were early deaths (shortly after day 7) 4, maybe 5 were late deaths sometime after day 14, almost fully developed, 1 last one had made it to lockdown but died before external pip. I'm thinking I need to up my humidity a bit.

Look what color the late hatcher turned out to be! Glad he survived! I knew he was special!

woot.gif

I was hoping all 16 would hatch for you but 8 is still great!

And bummer only 1 is lavender but fingers crossed it's a he and Silkied feathered!!!! I'm sure a good amount of those Blacks are split for Lavender so you have plenty to work with.

Congrats!!!

And congrats Yinepu on your hatch too!!!!
wee.gif

I'm a little slow. Been posting on the other thread. I have a hatch due tomorrow and I heard peeping, but there are dozens of eggs in there and I have no idea what's trying to start. Hoping I get all the Silkieds I locked down.

CatKai - did a watercolor painting of one of your photos, thought you might like to see:

Still needs work but waiting until tomorrow to touch it up.

Had a bad hatch so will probably stay all lurky until I manage to build a reliable incubator. Good to see all the new folks and their new babies!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom