1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Silkies from Cackle

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Sarah2657, May 16, 2010.

1. Sarah2657

Sarah2657 Hatching

May 16, 2010
    I just received my order of silkies from Cackle Hatchery. Does anyone know how good the quality is from this hatchery? I tried to find a local breeder, but had no luck, so gave in and ordered from Cackle. Also, it doesn't specify whether they are bearded or non-bearded and some appear to have heavier feathering on their feet than the others. Is thi any indication of how they will mature? Will the feathering grow in the same or will the ones with heavier feathering always be fluffier? Sorry, I'm new to this, and just interested in how these guys are going to turn out.

2. Gonzo

Gonzo Songster

May 25, 2009
    Southwestern, In
    I'm not sure.... But [​IMG] We have a breeders and hatcherie section or try typing cackle silkies in the byc search area. Good Luck! [​IMG]

3. micaheart

micaheart In the Brooder

Apr 5, 2010
    I would say give them some time to mature and it will become clearer exactly what you've got. But, I also think there will be small amount of variation on the newborns that will even out over time.

4. Southerngirl

Southerngirl Songster

Mar 25, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    Here is a pic of some of their silkies from a year ago that I purchased.I have been very pleased with them [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by