Silkies not eating anything!!!

Kabindramagar

In the Brooder
Dec 11, 2021
3 days ago I bought 3 silkies which are around 1 month old. They were very active, eating, playing. But they are quite inactive and havent eaten anything since yesterday morning. They are only drinking water but not eating...

Very worried about em. Any one can suggesy what to do?? Their poop is normal solid. No any other signs of illness.

Its cold winter here so can that be the issue? Currently have kept them under heat lamp.

3 days ago I bought 3 silkies which are around 1 month old. They were very active, eating, playing. But they are quite inactive and havent eaten anything since yesterday morning. They are only drinking water but not eating...

Very worried about em. Any one can suggesy what to do?? Their poop is normal solid. No any other signs of illness.

Its cold winter here so can that be the issue? Currently have kept them under heat lamp.

no idea but you can put some honey and chilly pepper in their water. I did that with a silkie hen a few days ago and she is back to normal. good luck.

I just realised you said there not eating I thought you said not drinking. Whoops. Sorry. But if you did have some molasses you could mix a teaspoon through there food. But if they do stop drinking try and put the electrolytes in the water. Good luck.

If you are feeding them chick food, does it have the probiotic in it? Try mixing the food with some water with electrolytes in it and then putting it on their beak and see if they have any interest in it. If not, it is not a good sign. Get a electrolyte solution for chicks and put it in their water and hope they drink it and start to eat again. Keep them warm. Try a heating pad on low underneath a part of their box. Get a towel and gather them up and put it over them with a peep hole.

If you are feeding them chick food, does it have the probiotic in it? Try mixing the food with some water with electrolytes in it and then putting it on their beak and see if they have any interest in it. If not, it is not a good sign. Get a electrolyte solution for chicks and put it in their water and hope they drink it and start to eat again. Keep them warm. Try a heating pad on low underneath a part of their box. Get a towel and gather them up and put it over them with a peep hole.
I guess this works!

So I did as everyone said to give em electrolyte. I gave em and last night they started to eat little by little. I guess its working. Still gonna observe them for few more days..

Will it be good to give em antibiotics?? The one I have is Tetracyclin

Thanks Everyone :)

Back
Top Bottom