Wart/ Scabby thing on silkie hen’s face??

Cherysh

In the Brooder
Nov 22, 2023
Hey! Like the title says, my silkie hen, Mrs. Honey has wart like yellow scabs of her face. She eats normally, acting completely normal, drinking, is very active, no bad signs just these..things? On her face. Any help would…help. No blood or anything, and she’s not being hurt or pecked. They just showed up.

Thanks.
IMG_3705.jpeg

Could she be hurting it on chicken wire or on a sharp edge of a feeder? It looks like it is injuring her beak. I would put some Betadine on it.

Could she be hurting it on chicken wire or on a sharp edge of a feeder? It looks like it is injuring her beak. I would put some Betadine on it.
No, I checked her feeders and waterers. And no sharp edges of chicken wires.

I would still use Betadine or perhaps an ointment such as Neosporin or coconut oil on it to see if it helps. Let us know if it changes.

I would still use Betadine or perhaps an ointment such as Neosporin or coconut oil on it to see if it helps. Let us know if it changes.
I put some Neosporin on it. One side of her face is affected. Her eye is swollen shut now and the wart things are getting larger. Should I separate her from the flock? She’s acting a bit lethargic…

Back
Top Bottom