Silkies Of A Different Color

What colour do you call a Silkie that has lots of colours? My rooster has buff on his wings, green on his tail feathers, black, grey, brown-ish, grey, blue, yellow/ creamy colours....
IMG20200928114217~2.jpg

And one of his sons....
Buff/creamy/blue/grey tail?
IMG20200915131328.jpg

What colour do you call a Silkie that has lots of colours? My rooster has buff on his wings, green on his tail feathers, black, grey, brown-ish, grey, blue, yellow/ creamy colours....
View attachment 2368834

And one of his sons....
Buff/creamy/blue/grey tail?
View attachment 2368836
These roosters are gorgeous! I saw them on your other thread. Well as this reactivated thread is Silkies of any color except the standards, they don’t have any specific names. But if I had to guess your first boy is a calico and your second one looks like a red Pyle.❤

She is amazing! Look at that crest! White are usually recessive and can hide a multitude of other colors so hard to say. She’s just gorgeous!😊
I have had to trim one if the pullets around the eyes, super fluffy crest, so funny watching her- she kept walking into walls!! The cockerel keeps a good eye on her though and she follows his call...
Oh that's interesting about white fluffies, I did get 3 white in the end from that hatch and I did get 1 out of the 8 with a red comb, this is not pure for Silkie breed is it? So should I have her in a separate coop and not breed with her?- would her red comb make offspring with red comb?

She is amazing! Look at that crest! White are usually recessive and can hide a multitude of other colors so hard to say. She’s just gorgeous!😊
The lady I got her from said she use to show her but she was getting old so gave her to me.. She's about 5.5yrs old now (maybe older) and the best hen ever! She's always helping out dust bathe the others and the other day I saw one of my chickens half eat a long piece of grass and before I grabbed it, Chickaletta ran over and plucked it straight out of her throat! Saved the pullets life! ..Shes also never had any health problems Ever and still consistantly lays an egg. Best momma chicken award!! Wonder if anyone can top that!? She will stay with me for life! :love

I have had to trim one if the pullets around the eyes, super fluffy crest, so funny watching her- she kept walking into walls!! The cockerel keeps a good eye on her though and she follows his call...
Oh that's interesting about white fluffies, I did get 3 white in the end from that hatch and I did get 1 out of the 8 with a red comb, this is not pure for Silkie breed is it? So should I have her in a separate coop and not breed with her?- would her red comb make offspring with red comb?
I trim around my silkies and polish eyes as well. Amazing how much more confident they are when they can see!
Not sure about comb genetics, but the SOP is mulberry colored walnut comb.:)
If you are breeding your silkies for fun, then it probably does not matter.

Back
Top Bottom