Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 791 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 96 11.7%

• Total voters
I suppose that picture could have been taken in selfie mode, but I find they come out much better using the rear camera. I've gotten pretty good at blindly taking pics with the phone flipped.

It was dusk so Ashes was helping out with the babies. They sleep under him as well.

Mom asked who the chick in the back was standing on. Notice they are watching the camera and ignoring me. Not a super paranoid bunch of chicks this time. Usually they are in the "Ahhh! I'm a nugget and everything eats nuggets!" phase by now. Helps that mama rushes me for the treats she knows I bring.

"They're simply spectacular." Well, that's a bit of a stretch, but high quality silkies are easy on the eye.

As to those who know everything - lucky them. This old man is still eagerly learning. The true definition of intelligence is; "Knowing your limitations and what you really don't know."
Intelligence is the ability to learn.

Adorable!! Im guessing girl on that little lady! I'm a believer in eyeliner...

I'm not on partridge. I've seen it too many times on both. Boy on left and girl on right. Both had wonderful eyeliner.

Screenshot_20230404_180149_Chrome.jpg

OMGeeze that lil baby is sheer perfection! Absolutely LUV it!

I'll actually be pretty happy if it's a boy. He can breed the hens next year. Very good toes. I haven't had any split wing show up in years so those should be good.

It got a bit chilly Monday night so there was some pasty butts. I just caught the whole lot of chicks and checked and washed them. Mom is always asking if they are all still alive so had to do a group picture for her. I got pecked good in punishment when I put the first chick back.

20230404_181549.jpg

Back
Top Bottom