Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 796 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 96 11.6%

• Total voters
Well both my paint and blue were cockerels so I ended up getting a dozen mixed color silkies that are hatching in one week! I only have one red (doing well so far praying it makes it through hatch day) BBS, paint, cuckoo and mottled so I’m very excited to see all the fluffiest next week!! There’s also a couple polish from my neighbor and these two hatched Thursday!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    231.1 KB · Views: 3
Happy Easter to all that celebrate the holiday.. @Gammas Bearded Babies I got a ton of chipmunks this time around.. Even got one that's orange orange orange! View attachment 3461867View attachment 3461868View attachment 3461872
Oh! That one is gonna be a stunner!!!
Luv me some chipmunks!
Well both my paint and blue were cockerels so I ended up getting a dozen mixed color silkies that are hatching in one week! I only have one red (doing well so far praying it makes it through hatch day) BBS, paint, cuckoo and mottled so I’m very excited to see all the fluffiest next week!! There’s also a couple polish from my neighbor and these two hatched Thursday!
The luck! Right?!
Well ya got some cute babies!

Oh! That one is gonna be a stunner!!!
Luv me some chipmunks!
So, I decided to get a better photo of the little orange, then a 3 week old that's orange and cream, which led me outdoors to grab on of another cream and orange I have.. Turned around and it dawned on me who dunnit! Lemme explain. I had stuck 3 of White Clouds eggs in the 'bator I had on standby after she passed. WC produced this stunner of a roo when bred back to her dad, the partridge roo.
White Cloud out with dad, Gen Lee, and her darker sister.
DSC_0383.JPG
Oldest offspring,
DSC_0318.JPG
newest chicks from the same line..
DSC_0050.JPG
DSC_0052.JPG
DSC_0053.JPG

Now, I have another line that produced light cream and tan.. I had my lil Sioux in with Top Gun, a Spash roo. Sioux is a daughter of a red cochin hen, but is partridge (tan, black with a pattern in her feathers). How ever she produced 3 three offspring with the blue splash, one being tan and orange.. Then another I kept out of a subsequent hatch. Sooooo, now I'm thinking since the latest orange babies are not related to Sioux and Top Gun's off spring I might just make a flock out of them.
DSC_0069.JPG
DSC_0073.JPG
DSC_0054.JPG
DSC_0056.JPG

Did you first cross Easter Eggers with Silkies and went from there or a different breed?
Well, I have a chart on how I got to my F1's..
On the right are Steelie Meister (passed) Puff Meister and White Cloud. My 3 orginal F1's. Steelie went to live with my Calico Splash roo, Puff and White stayed with dad (top center). Their mum is now in with Little Boy Blue to see what she produces with him I have 4 of her offspring that hatched on Feb 22. One of them is so close to a partridge full silkie (same age) it's hard to tell them apart except for coloring. I'm thinking the normal colored partridge babies in this batch are from White Cloud (lower right) and her dad. That's based on the size of the chicks vs the others in the tub. It also could be the orange colored partridge and plain orange/yellow are off spring of King Arthur and a daughter of Gen Lee from a bantam BO hen.
Three Generations.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom