Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 794 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 96 11.6%

• Total voters
I can see that this thread is very slowed down, and before it comes to a complete halt I want to say thank you to all the other silkie lovers on here who "chatted silkie" with me. I think you're all great people and I am glad I met you all. I hope we'll see each other around the forums. Thanks @HuffleClaw for starting this, it's been a lot of fun!
I loved all the picture of handsome roosters, beautiful girls, and adorable chicks! Long live the silkie breed!

Due to certain circumstances I'm unable to be as active on here as I was, however I'm still breeding my silkies and showing them!

I'm finding it hard to reply to people who message on threads as they keep getting lost and I end up forgetting :th

If someone still wishes to talk to me or ask anything, you are free to pm me anytime!

I just wanted to pop this photo here that I took the other day. I see a lot of people asking what the difference between non vaulted and vaulted is. However, it's very hard to find an image that shows it accurately...

Until now!

Thought it may help some people.

76D62096-6A96-40ED-B4BD-C61BB4FF339C.jpg

I think I have a double fertilized egg!! There are two embryos swimming around! Anyone have experience with this???
No personal experience, but have followed many threads on it. Its not easy. Involves intervening and usually low survival rate. It's possible but don't get too attached before they hatch

Th

That’s what I was afraid of... maybe I’m just seeing one but looks like two. I’ll get pic...
Is the egg bigger then the others? They'll be 2 seperate things moving individually, what day are you up to? *Also, in case you aren't use to photoing rhe eggs. I learnt during last hatch once I turned to HD function on on my camera phone it made the images crystal clear. It was so blury before I did that

I stopped getting notifications so didn't realize there were any new posts, I hate when that happens. :hmm

I thought I'd show how some of my little grow outs are coming along. They are just a little over 7 weeks now. I ended up keeping 7 from my last hatch (despite telling myself I should only keep 4). The others all found homes as of a couple days ago. :D

week 7 2.jpg

Ended up not being a twin... I think. There’s one more to go I’m the bator but I’ll def be posting if two come out.

Good luck with your last egg! :)

Back
Top Bottom