Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 794 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 96 11.6%

• Total voters
OK... Here's my babies. Growing up so fast! I've named 5 of the 9.

Minette
20210603_180410.jpg

Elsa
20210603_180238.jpg

Anna
20210603_180313.jpg

Blossom
20210603_180329.jpg

And, of course, Twitch
20210530_123505.jpg

I think the other 4 are roosters but I still don't know for sure. Waiting to see... None are crowing yet.

This is the Romeo who tried to court me the other day.
20210603_180650.jpg

Smokey/Black fella
20210603_181902.jpg

Another white one
20210603_181930.jpg

Another lavender paint...next to the unnamed white (roo?) and Blossom
20210603_182027.jpg

Thank you❤️
Yeah I will have to be extremely careful.

And thank you for telling me about the nickname - I'm often struggeling with language and this shows me I have to look things up better before posting, especially about species!
I've never noticed anything different about your posts! But I'm no grammar queen.

Both are correct, actually I think sparrowhawk is the official common name of a, well, Sparrowhawk, but it is just a nickname for kestrels. So technically you would be more correct :p

(Oops, got carried away there. Sorta a birdwatcher over here)

Minette
View attachment 2702585

Elsa
View attachment 2702586

Anna
View attachment 2702589

Blossom
View attachment 2702594

And, of course, Twitch
View attachment 2702595

I think the other 4 are roosters but I still don't know for sure. Waiting to see... None are crowing yet.

View attachment 2702596

Smokey/Black fella
View attachment 2702597

Another white one
View attachment 2702598

View attachment 2702600
Adorable! I love all your names!

I just went out and checked on Holly. Her BCM chick hatched out overnight and it appears soon it will have some silkie siblings. Just by lifting her up for a second I saw 2 eggs pipped. When her chicks are hatching she has no tolerance for messing with the eggs so I will not stress her out, just remove egg shells. I'm relieved that the Marans chick made it out on it's own. I've had several this year that ended up being horribly mal-positioned and needed assistance hatching or just have difficulty pipping through the darker egg shells. Hopefully by tonight I'll have some pictures of a cute little alien or two for everyone.

I just went out and checked on Holly. Her BCM chick hatched out overnight and it appears soon it will have some silkie siblings. Just by lifting her up for a second I saw 2 eggs pipped. When her chicks are hatching she has no tolerance for messing with the eggs so I will not stress her out, just remove egg shells. I'm relieved that the Marans chick made it out on it's own. I've had several this year that ended up being horribly mal-positioned and needed assistance hatching or just have difficulty pipping through the darker egg shells. Hopefully by tonight I'll have some pictures of a cute little alien or two for everyone.
Hooray! Well done mama!

...here another picture, so funny:

View attachment 2701383

Aww how adorable! I don't think I've ever seen a grow out with such a cockatoo like crest! :lol:

They are all looking so big and so pretty! The colors in this little group are just beautiful! 🥰

Minette
View attachment 2702585

Elsa
View attachment 2702586

Anna
View attachment 2702589

Blossom
View attachment 2702594

And, of course, Twitch
View attachment 2702595

View attachment 2702596

Smokey/Black fella
View attachment 2702597

Another white one
View attachment 2702598

View attachment 2702600

They are gorgeous! Smokey, Romeo, and one of the white ones definitely look like boys to me too. 🥰

Ooh how exciting! I hope you have some little silkies soon! Congratulations on the successful Marans hatch by the momma as well! :D

The chicks are popping out of the eggs like popcorn. 6 out of 8 have hatched so far. #7 has externally pipped and #8 has internally pipped. I wish my BCMs hatched this easily. I have to admit they are cute. That little extra toe is adorable. But they are TINY. I didn't realize just how little they were until the little Marans got in the middle of them. It's almost double their size.
Holly is like, Nothing to see here, go away!
DSCN4107.JPG

DSCN4112.JPG
DSCN4114.JPG
DSCN4118.JPG
DSCN4122.JPG
DSCN4125.JPG

Back
Top Bottom