Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 790 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 95 11.5%

• Total voters
I'm preparing for Spring babies!
I just sold 3 of my Silkies today, 2 hens and a pullet. So now I'm down to 11 fluffies! 3 of which are roosters and possibly one is another boy, still unsure of Easter.
I want to keep to a good quality standard with good character so thinning off some of the flock.. I am keeping a pink comb girl as she has health issues and I don't think another owner would treat her right so she'll stay with Cookie rooster keeping him company in a seperate coop.
Goodbye Ickle, Nugget and Coco..
IMG_20210729_112450.jpg

Im so so sorry for your loss. I read through your entire post and could feel all your pain 😔 RIP Herzchen ❤ Glad you got to share your time on Earth with her.
Thank you so much for your dear words ❤️
I miss her so much. I wish I had done things differently.

Congrats on your new babies 🥰 They are adorable :love I hope the little one that likes to peck so much will focus fast on other things.
Mine loved to play with empty peanut cans - those with those soft plastic lids - to peck and examine them. I found this out because I had placed such a can under their waterer, it had the perfect size to fit under and create a good hight. Every time I renewed the water they all came, stood around the can and pecked on the soft plastic lid which sounded like a little drum, and they pecked on its side with the bright colors and pictures of peanuts. I then took several empty cans, filled them half with sand, put the soft plastic lid back on and placed them in the brooder. They loved pecking their 'drums' (sometimes I sprinkled a bit grit on the lids and the drum-sessions were so funny), pecking the pictures, and they really, really loved sitting/perching on the soft lids.

I'm preparing for Spring babies!
I just sold 3 of my Silkies today, 2 hens and a pullet. So now I'm down to 11 fluffies! 3 of which are roosters and possibly one is another boy, still unsure of Easter.
I want to keep to a good quality standard with good character so thinning off some of the flock.. I am keeping a pink comb girl as she has health issues and I don't think another owner would treat her right so she'll stay with Cookie rooster keeping him company in a seperate coop.
Goodbye Ickle, Nugget and Coco..
View attachment 2781002
Awww I hope they arrive well in their new home ❤️
I will read your thread about little Easter to be up to date about this sweet little mystery-nugget 🥰

I plan on getting new pictures today but yesterday I noticed something with my 3 now 7 week silkies. When they were sunbathing I noticed all three's earlobes are getting a blue sheen if sunlight hits. Please tell me that pullets can have blue earlobes. I've fallen in love with these little guys and if they all turn out to be boys I cannot keep any of them.

These were taken last week when the fluff balls turned 6 weeks. I no longer refer to them as aliens, they are too adorable for that. Before I hatched these guys I never wanted them, thought them as weird things, they have changed my mind completely and pray at least 1 of these comical chicks is a girl. Honestly, I'd love if all 3 were pullets and they would all 3 stay.
DSCN4545.JPG
DSCN4546.JPG

My little punk rocker Poppy, my favorite and the one I'm praying the most is a girl.
DSCN4549.JPG
DSCN4568.JPG
DSCN4575.JPG

Their poofy butts are adorable.
DSCN4577.JPG

I plan on getting new pictures today but yesterday I noticed something with my 3 now 7 week silkies. When they were sunbathing I noticed all three's earlobes are getting a blue sheen if sunlight hits. Please tell me that pullets can have blue earlobes. I've fallen in love with these little guys and if they all turn out to be boys I cannot keep any of them.
Yes, pullets and cockerells do have blue earlobes :)

These were taken last week when the fluff balls turned 6 weeks. I no longer refer to them as aliens, they are too adorable for that. Before I hatched these guys I never wanted them, thought them as weird things, they have changed my mind completely and pray at least 1 of these comical chicks is a girl. Honestly, I'd love if all 3 were pullets and they would all 3 stay.
View attachment 2781676View attachment 2781678
My little punk rocker Poppy, my favorite and the one I'm praying the most is a girl.
View attachment 2781680View attachment 2781683View attachment 2781685

Their poofy butts are adorable.
View attachment 2781686
Awww look at them :love They are all so cute!
😄 Yeah those little fluff-butts!
I'm crossing my fingers all your babies are females and you can keep them all :fl🙏

Back
Top Bottom