Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 787 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 95 11.6%

• Total voters
First two babies in the dryer. Black one is a Polkie and the yellow one is a Silkie.😊
Third one has hatched is also a paint silkie and is still in the incubator.View attachment 2867065
Look at the cute floofy balls!! How can you tell the difference between the silkies and polkies? Just curious! 😁

Look at the cute floofy balls!! How can you tell the difference between the silkies and polkies? Just curious! 😁
Good question! 😊
So far I see them when they hatch and know which eggs they came out of. I have the eggs marked with different colors and notations.
I band the chicks when I put them over into the dryer. I have some plastic separators that are coming in the mail today, hopefully that makes it even easier!

Good question! 😊
So far I see them when they hatch and know which eggs they came out of. I have the eggs marked with different colors and notations.
I band the chicks when I put them over into the dryer. I have some plastic separators that are coming in the mail today, hopefully that makes it even easier!
Ahhh that makes sense! I forget people are smart and organized like that 😆 I was going to do that with my last quail hatch, but I was so excited I put them all in and mixed them up and was like “DOH!” So to this day, I have no idea which quail are mine and which were shipped from Kansas 🤦🏼‍♀️:lau

Crossbeak??
What do I do??
IMG_20211016_105304.jpg

I have only had one cross beaked chick, that ufortunately died at 3 days of age.
I am aware though of several members on BYC that have successfully raised cross beaked chicks to adulthood. This article may help to start with. You may want to post under the raising chicks forum as well for more feedback.😊

https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...kens-including-tube-feeding-techniques.64321/

I have only had one cross beaked chick, that ufortunately died at 3 days of age.
I am aware though of several members on BYC that have successfully raised cross beaked chicks to adulthood. This article may help to start with. You may want to post under the raising chicks forum as well for more feedback.😊

https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...kens-including-tube-feeding-techniques.64321/
Thanks!
Do you know if it's genetic? - should I not use it for breeding?

Back
Top Bottom