Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 797 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 97 11.7%

• Total voters
Pics
Silkies are amazing! I raise nothing but quality bearded silkies for exhibition. They are truly lovely, super sweet, kinda dumb but oh well, and mine have free ranged for years without any issues. Mine are quite the little egg producers as well. More people should give them a chance!
IMG_8192.jpg

Silkies are amazing! I raise nothing but quality bearded silkies for exhibition. They are truly lovely, super sweet, kinda dumb but oh well, and mine have free ranged for years without any issues. Mine are quite the little egg producers as well. More people should give them a chance! View attachment 1919532
Beautiful! :love

Lets just say I've got some amends to make.
Yes. your Silkies look very cute HuffleClaw. I've read a few threads heaping praise on Silkie roosters, so they may well be brave and cute.
There, that's sort of positive.:)
I've never kept Silkies and I doubt I ever will. My elder sister has some and she loves them to bits but she is the first to admit they are as thick as two short planks.
I wouldn't keep Polish breed either, or Sumatras or most of the breeds one reads about on BYC. Most of the above are unlikely to survive here free ranging. As AllenK points out regarding Silkies, their vision is too restricted and I believe their feathering would be too delicate for the environment here.

Lets just say I've got some amends to make.
Yes. your Silkies look very cute HuffleClaw. I've read a few threads heaping praise on Silkie roosters, so they may well be brave and cute.
There, that's sort of positive.:)
I've never kept Silkies and I doubt I ever will. My elder sister has some and she loves them to bits but she is the first to admit they are as thick as two short planks.
I wouldn't keep Polish breed either, or Sumatras or most of the breeds one reads about on BYC. Most of the above are unlikely to survive here free ranging. As AllenK points out regarding Silkies, their vision is too restricted and I believe their feathering would be too delicate for the environment here.
Hi Shad. :hugs

Positive enough. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom