Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 788 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 95 11.6%

• Total voters
How do you know when it's ok to move your silkies outside? My little flock is getting pretty rambunctious for their brooder (well, two of them at least while the others have no room to get out of the way of their crazy antics). They're off heat but indoors at a constant 62-66, lows will be in the mid-50's in the ten day forecast. The younger three turned five weeks old on Monday. The little silkie is just so much smaller than everyone and seems slower to feather.

Attachments

• PXL_20211028_004140904.jpg
    PXL_20211028_004140904.jpg
    508.2 KB · Views: 2
  • PXL_20211024_160935263.jpg
    PXL_20211024_160935263.jpg
    423.8 KB · Views: 2
How do you know when it's ok to move your silkies outside? My little flock is getting pretty rambunctious for their brooder (well, two of them at least while the others have no room to get out of the way of their crazy antics). They're off heat but indoors at a constant 62-66, lows will be in the mid-50's in the ten day forecast. The younger three turned five weeks old on Monday. The little silkie is just so much smaller than everyone and seems slower to feather.
I worried about my silkies when I put them outside around 6 weeks. Someone suggested giving them something they can all snuggle inside of if the coop was a bit big. As long as they’re little they will cuddle together and keep each other warm. So I put a small cat crate in the coop and they would sleep in it all together in there at night. Worked great!

I worried about my silkies when I put them outside around 6 weeks. Someone suggested giving them something they can all snuggle inside of if the coop was a bit big. As long as they’re little they will cuddle together and keep each other warm. So I put a small cat crate in the coop and they would sleep in it all together in there at night. Worked great!
Thanks!

Also, unrelated, why did nobody warn me just how adorable it is when silkies get their little puffball tails and shake them? Joni has definitely learned if she jumps in my lap and does that she's guaranteed a treat 😂

Back
Top Bottom