Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 790 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 95 11.5%

• Total voters
I just luv to see em act like "gentlemen"!!! Takin care of their girls is the best roo ever!
He tries so hard to impress the big girls, but with the exception of one of my girls Creamy they all ignore him. I think he was in Rooster heaven when he called them to him to see what he was doing and both girls stuffed themselves inside to watch.

Well I did it, 5 eggs went into the incubator yesterday evening. Fingers crossed everything goes well and hatch day should be February 16th. After Chiquita laid her 5th egg yesterday I finally let Branch meet her as he has been dying to. He was so good and spent 30 minutes in the cat carrier where she lay's her eggs rearranging her nest calling both girls to him to supervise his work. If these 5 eggs are duds, I will try again in March and hopefully by then Poppy will be laying and I will have more eggs to fill spots.
Fingers crossed for Chiquita's five eggs 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞
Awww Branch is such a sweet boy, that's heartwarming 🥰

Omg :love They are gorgeous ❤️
Congrats on all those beautiful babies 🎉
I hope with all my heart that the last one will hatch, too :fl :bow

How are the eggs doing that are due on the 31st?
Thanks! ❤️
8 babies are doing well.😊
Last one never internally pipped.
January 31st eggs are doing well and going into lockdown tomorrow.

Well I did it, 5 eggs went into the incubator yesterday evening. Fingers crossed everything goes well and hatch day should be February 16th. After Chiquita laid her 5th egg yesterday I finally let Branch meet her as he has been dying to. He was so good and spent 30 minutes in the cat carrier where she lay's her eggs rearranging her nest calling both girls to him to supervise his work. If these 5 eggs are duds, I will try again in March and hopefully by then Poppy will be laying and I will have more eggs to fill spots.
So exciting! I find with Silkie eggs, you can already see signs of development by the 3rd or 4th day.😊
Can’t wait to see chicks from your Chiquita. She’s such a gorgeous color, something between a buff and a partridge.😍

He tries so hard to impress the big girls, but with the exception of one of my girls Creamy they all ignore him. I think he was in Rooster heaven when he called them to him to see what he was doing and both girls stuffed themselves inside to watch.
He sounds like such a good boy! ❤️
I always feel bad for Eko when he wants to show the girls something and they ignore him.🤣

So exciting! I find with Silkie eggs, you can already see signs of development by the 3rd or 4th day.😊
Can’t wait to see chicks from your Chiquita. She’s such a gorgeous color, something between a buff and a partridge.😍
See I thought her color a bit off for a buff but she is close enough. I also think she will look 100 times better when she recovers from the feather damage from being picked on. When I was setting up and testing the incubator yesterday I kept getting side eye from my mom. This morning she's completely changed her opinion and is now hoping for at least 2 if not all 5 to hatch in hopes of a girl just like Chiquita. I remember when I hatched off Poppy and Branch that I checked the eggs on day 4 and clearly saw veining on all the eggs and dancing embryo's on day 9.

Ok.. here is the polish that has me changing my mind on a daily basis. Sorry for the pic overload.. of course the creature would NOT let me take a pic from the front of its face.. except the screaming one. I included that to help your ears sense the screeching i endured 🤣

They all (even my wcb Esmeralda)have some iridescence to their black feathers, but the one i think is male is just so much more vibrant, you don't have to look for it, it just reflects everywhere. This one does not have the same iridescence.

The obvious male is humongous!! This one is just slightly larger than my obvious female, and no where near the size of the obvious male.

I am trying to analyze the crest, but the black feathers are soooo slow coming in, and the ones in are crusted w food and water (i swear, cleaning doesn't help w little piggies 🐷). The white feathers it does have are round, there just arent many of them. But.. i think i see some brown pointier ones about to come in (slightly blurry close up).

But if anything is obvious to you guys that i am missing, just break it to me 😆 Today im back to thinking male just based on behavior. The little girl did no screaming.. in fact this one was screaming bloody murder when i took her out of the run. Not sure if that's just random, or male behavior.

Forgot to add.. 7 weeks and 5 days old.

20220127_111505~2.jpg
20220127_111501.jpg 20220127_111327.jpg 20220127_111427.jpg 20220127_111413.jpg 20220127_111407.jpg 20220127_111451.jpg

Back
Top Bottom