Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 788 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 95 11.6%

• Total voters
So i lurk too much lol but what are your oldest silkies? This is eloise, 12 years and besides blindness in one eye going strong
View attachment 2031814

My oldest are still quite young. I just last year decided I wanted to get into breeding and started hatching shipped eggs to start my flock. My oldest are a little over 10 months.

12 years wow, you must take really good care of her! :love

so, question for you silkie people. I am a black silkie breeder located in Colorado and am in need of some advice of lines I can add into my own. I do show my silkies but they only have won little because I started back in 2016. so... I was gonna ask, does anyone know of some black silkie breeders that are currently selling eggs at this time? cost doesn't matter. thank you!! :jumpy

so, question for you silkie people. I am a black silkie breeder located in Colorado and am in need of some advice of lines I can add into my own. I do show my silkies but they only have won little because I started back in 2016. so... I was gonna ask, does anyone know of some black silkie breeders that are currently selling eggs at this time? cost doesn't matter. thank you!! :jumpy

Hmmm I am usually looking for paints so not too sure about where to get good blacks. I've heard really good things about Bobbi Porto, I haven't ordered from her but from what I've seen she seems like a great person with lots of experience breeding silkies. Looking at her website her eggs are very reasonably priced for the quality. She has blacks and quite a few other colors (not paints which is why I didn't order from her).

If you are interested her website is indigoegg.us and if you click on the contact tab to the left she lets you know how to order and lists prices.

Editing to add: She's a little far from you, in Florida I believe, but I've had more good hatch rates from far away and more poor hatch rates from the same state so you never know. :idunno

My oldest will be a year old in a couple of months.:lau

12 years! Most chickens that people consider old don't live past 8-10! You must be a really good chicken keeper! (My oldest is a 8 year old RIR)
Thank you, she is a house girl, she lives in my art studio in the winter and a play yard when the weather is nice, most of mine go 6-8 years, so she is breaking records here

I feel like I’ve abandoned all Silkie threads and just BYC in general...

I really haven’t, I read through posts but it never notifies me and keeping up with replies doesn’t always work.

As I say, if anyone does want to ask me anything or I don’t reply on a thread, send me a PM and I will definitely reply!

Anyways, have one of my growers chillin’ with our garden monster...

View attachment 2031370
View attachment 2031371
View attachment 2031369
Adorable bird and friend

Hmmm I am usually looking for paints so not too sure about where to get good blacks. I've heard really good things about Bobbi Porto, I haven't ordered from her but from what I've seen she seems like a great person with lots of experience breeding silkies. Looking at her website her eggs are very reasonably priced for the quality. She has blacks and quite a few other colors (not paints which is why I didn't order from her).

If you are interested her website is indigoegg.us and if you click on the contact tab to the left she lets you know how to order and lists prices.

Editing to add: She's a little far from you, in Florida I believe, but I've had more good hatch rates from far away and more poor hatch rates from the same state so you never know. :idunno

I would go with Bobbi also, the girl in my icon is from her hatched eggs, she packs eggs very well, being a retired postal worker she knows the tricks on packing- I am in Oklahoma and they did well-

67955095_10217635017920336_3210644124281602048_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom