Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 791 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 96 11.7%

• Total voters
Hello everyone! I have been trying to find pics of silkie chicks with crests and beards but I can't. What does a chick look like that you won't be able to see their eyes when they are older? I'm trying to figure these things out because I have started hobby breeding silkies and selling them as chicks. I would love to be able to tell my buyers what the chick may look like when older. Thanks so much and addicted to this thread!

Sorry for bombarding everyone with questions but I finally have silkie lovers to ask questions and I have a million in my head! lol. Anyways, this is Muffin. I'm pretty sure I know what gender IT is so I thought for fun I would let others guess.
What gender do you think Muffin is?
DSC_0483.JPG

Sorry for bombarding everyone with questions but I finally have silkie lovers to ask questions and I have a million in my head! lol. Anyways, this is Muffin. I'm pretty sure I know what gender IT is so I thought for fun I would let others guess.
What gender do you think Muffin is?
View attachment 2340278

Hmmmm the tail, stance, and crest are kind of looking cockerel like to me. It looks like there might be streamers but I can't see the back of the crest well enough to tell. Comb isn't big but not that small either. Just from this picture I'd guess Muffin was a little male but I'd like to see the back of the crest to feel more confident about it. :)

I'll try to address your previous question in a moment, trying to find some chick pictures.

Back
Top Bottom