Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 787 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 95 11.6%

• Total voters
SnowBall is the short banty silkie.
Scaredy is the Standard Silkie.
1029191344.jpg
1029191344a.jpg

Hi all, I am totally new to Silkies, as in, I don't even have one yet. I turned my SO into a chicken fanatic and he wants a Silkie. So I decided to learn about them before finding him one (read:some). Do all Silkies have those cool blue earlobes? So far I am a fan of the Splash. What is the difference between splash and paint? I looked at the Silkies club website and I was wondering what other colour variety projects people have going.

Hi all, I am totally new to Silkies, as in, I don't even have one yet. I turned my SO into a chicken fanatic and he wants a Silkie. So I decided to learn about them before finding him one (read:some). Do all Silkies have those cool blue earlobes? So far I am a fan of the Splash. What is the difference between splash and paint? I looked at the Silkies club website and I was wondering what other colour variety projects people have going.
Some silkies lack blue in the earlobes. I have a few like that. But it can be brought back out by breeding to those who have the trait.

Paint is what happens when you breed Pure Black silkies to Dominant white. It creates black splotches.

Splash is the result of breeding two blue silkies together, giving two copies of the blue gene.

Back
Top Bottom