Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 788 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 95 11.6%

• Total voters
If it wasn't for the fact that I have Black Copper Marans, and they are my main focus if one was a boy I would keep it. But I like to free range everyone together and I can't have a sneaky silkie boy breeding my marans girls. I also already have 2 boys, my main guy Drumstick and his son that I'm growing out as a backup. Drummie is tolerant and accepting of his son, but he may not accept another boy. And if Drummie took offense I do not think a smaller rooster would stand a chance against him.

Cool, i will try this!! They are still pecking.. but i don't hear chirps of terror, so i think its subsiding a little bit!
Thank you so much for your dear words ❤️
I miss her so much. I wish I had done things differently.

Congrats on your new babies 🥰 They are adorable :love I hope the little one that likes to peck so much will focus fast on other things.
Mine loved to play with empty peanut cans - those with those soft plastic lids - to peck and examine them. I found this out because I had placed such a can under their waterer, it had the perfect size to fit under and create a good hight. Every time I renewed the water they all came, stood around the can and pecked on the soft plastic lid which sounded like a little drum, and they pecked on its side with the bright colors and pictures of peanuts. I then took several empty cans, filled them half with sand, put the soft plastic lid back on and placed them in the brooder. They loved pecking their 'drums' (sometimes I sprinkled a bit grit on the lids and the drum-sessions were so funny), pecking the pictures, and they really, really loved sitting/perching on the soft lids.

I plan on getting new pictures today but yesterday I noticed something with my 3 now 7 week silkies. When they were sunbathing I noticed all three's earlobes are getting a blue sheen if sunlight hits. Please tell me that pullets can have blue earlobes. I've fallen in love with these little guys and if they all turn out to be boys I cannot keep any of them.

My girls had the prettiest turquoise blue ear lobes in the right light 💙 😍

My youngest bird, little Himawari is growing up! All of a sudden she doesn’t look like a chick anymore. 12 weeks old tomorrow, photos from today. She is still so tiny and a lot smaller than I remember the others were at this age. 🥰
2CA60104-DF29-4009-BB67-91F0AFCECD06.jpeg
12B45A66-89CC-4E9C-9079-A11B89960674.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom