Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 788 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 95 11.6%

• Total voters
2nd back cross. 2 girls are silkied, 1 girl is smoothe. Chance they carry blue egg gene. I may breed the male to one of the blue laying 1st back crosses. They are separate from my regular partridge.

View attachment 2834826
Wow she’s gorgeous and looks pure silkie! What did you use to bring in the blue egg gene, Bantam EE?😊

Wow she’s gorgeous and looks pure silkie! What did you use to bring in the blue egg gene, Bantam EE?😊

No. It was a standard wheaten ameraucana hen that contributed. Size was back to silkie with the second generation. I had a partridge silkie rooster as the flock rooster for my ameraucana and EE laying flock. Hatched 3 eggs 1 from an EE and 2 from ameraucana. That silkie was very good at his job. He had a haircut and could see very well. Hawk got him after 2 years. His silkie/ameraucana son is the current head rooster and also does an excellent job.

I hatched 3 girls and 1 boy from the silkie/ameraucana hen mated back to silkie rooster. 2 of the hens lay blue. These are from the rooster over silkie hens so I'll see on egg color next spring.

Back
Top Bottom