Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 787 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 95 11.6%

• Total voters
Hanabi laid her first egg today!😍
Little tiny thing appropriate for her size or may just be a first pullet egg size.
Photo next to my EE and my Leghorn crosses eggs for size comparison!
It’s a bit smaller and a bit more brown than the silkie’s eggs.😊View attachment 2840759
Hanabis looks very similar to Elsa's, just slightly darker but similar full round shape.... i LOVE your EE color!!

Thanks! 🥰
That’s also a first egg today from Estella, half EE and half Silverudds blue (so still an EE). She is not much bigger than Hanabi! 😊
Oh how cool!!! They are synced up!! Would you say Estella is smaller than a typical EE (I haven't seen EE next to bantam cochins)?

Oh how cool!!! They are synced up!! Would you say Estella is smaller than a typical EE (I haven't seen EE next to bantam cochins)?
Yes. Silverudds Blue are smallish birds, but not quite bantams, so I think she inherited her size from that side of the family.
Photo below so you can kind of see size comparison. She is smaller than my silkie boy but bigger than my silkie girls and about the same size as my silkie crosses.
Estella is the blue one kind of in the middle with her neck stretched out.😊
6EF6D962-E9DD-444C-BD2F-06D124155CB9.jpeg

Yes. Silverudds Blue are smallish birds, but not quite bantams, so I think she inherited her size from that side of the family.
Photo below so you can kind of see size comparison. She is smaller than my silkie boy but bigger than my silkie girls and about the same size as my silkie crosses.
Stella is the blue one kind of in the middle with her neck stretched out.😊View attachment 2840871
Aww she's so pretty!! I love your silkies too!! ❤️

Estella is the blue one kind of in the middle with her neck stretched out.😊View attachment 2840871
Thanks, that's helpful! The ee/silkies description says they are bigger than silkies, but smaller than ee.. but that looks like a bantam friendly size. Kind of want to keep them relatively similar in size since I'll have only one (oversized) coop.

Back
Top Bottom