Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 788 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 95 11.6%

• Total voters
Here's a post!

Someone was NOT happy that I washed his face. They always get crusty nares (is that the right word? 🤔) when I give them mash.

Can you say attitude? 😆

Attachments

• PSX_20210923_191541.jpg
    PSX_20210923_191541.jpg
    550.5 KB · Views: 2
  • PSX_20210923_191832.jpg
    PSX_20210923_191832.jpg
    641.5 KB · Views: 2
  • PSX_20210923_191628.jpg
    PSX_20210923_191628.jpg
    617.4 KB · Views: 2
5 good eggs sitting under Smokey at day 10... 3 were not fertile as I suspected from another hen so all 5 are Smokey / Biscuit babies.
I have a dilemma, my 2 boys Biscuit and Cookie won't stop fighting and now drawing blood unfortunately Cookie instigates the fighting mostly.
Who should stay???
Rooster who is infertile is in the other coop but I should really cull him and put one of the boys in that coop or just get rid of 2 of them and just have 1 flock with 1 rooster. I only have 7 hens but was going to keep Biscuit and Cookie together but that doesn't seem to be working out unfortunately now that they are drawing blood in fights 😩 ( I stopped the fight this morning when I saw blood, but I'm not around every 10 min to stop them!)

Please help me decide who gets to stay!!!?
Who is the most beautiful to produce good Silkie offspring? If you want more pics I can take more.

IMG_20210921_110109.jpg
IMG_20210921_110107.jpg

Biscuit, about 10 months old now
IMG_20210915_110826.jpg

Cookie, 1 yr 6 m old IMG_20210914_111306.jpg

5 good eggs sitting under Smokey at day 10... 3 were not fertile as I suspected from another hen so all 5 are Smokey / Biscuit babies.
I have a dilemma, my 2 boys Biscuit and Cookie won't stop fighting and now drawing blood unfortunately Cookie instigates the fighting mostly.
Who should stay???
Rooster who is infertile is in the other coop but I should really cull him and put one of the boys in that coop or just get rid of 2 of them and just have 1 flock with 1 rooster. I only have 7 hens but was going to keep Biscuit and Cookie together but that doesn't seem to be working out unfortunately now that they are drawing blood in fights 😩 ( I stopped the fight this morning when I saw blood, but I'm not around every 10 min to stop them!)

Please help me decide who gets to stay!!!?
Who is the most beautiful to produce good Silkie offspring? If you want more pics I can take more.

View attachment 2844389
View attachment 2844390

Biscuit, about 10 months old now
View attachment 2844391

Cookie, 1 yr 6 m oldView attachment 2844392
So sorry you have to go through this. 😞
So sad they are fighting. They both are very similar in coloring so you really should pick the one that’s nicest to your girls and which one is closest to your heart.
Based on the photos, Biscuit looks like he has a fuller tail and crest, so if that were the only criteria, I would pick him.
You could also wait until the chicks hatch and see what kind of chicks he throws.
They are both beautiful roosters really. ❤️

So sorry you have to go through this. 😞
So sad they are fighting. They both are very similar in coloring so you really should pick the one that’s nicest to your girls and which one is closest to your heart.
Based on the photos, Biscuit looks like he has a fuller tail and crest, so if that were the only criteria, I would pick him.
You could also wait until the chicks hatch and see what kind of chicks he throws.
They are both beautiful roosters really. ❤️

I do like Biscuit more although he has pecked me once to point of blood, overexcited for treats at that time I think... Maybe he doesn't respect me.. he never goes out of my way if I'm walking he follows me around and stays very close, so friendly or disrespectful?
I like the longer tail on Cookie though his colours are lighter and I prefer darker... Hoping to not get dirty looking colour offspring or weird coloured looking.
Cookie is a little more skittish then Biscuit and maybe not as respectful to the hens either, but Biscuit also tends to mate alot - possibly calm down more after he is over a year old.

Maybe I'll make a crate into a temp coop and separate Cookie to see how Biscuits behaviour is towards me and hens.

I do like Biscuit more although he has pecked me once to point of blood, overexcited for treats at that time I think... Maybe he doesn't respect me.. he never goes out of my way if I'm walking he follows me around and stays very close, so friendly or disrespectful?
I like the longer tail on Cookie though his colours are lighter and I prefer darker... Hoping to not get dirty looking colour offspring or weird coloured looking.
Cookie is a little more skittish then Biscuit and maybe not as respectful to the hens either, but Biscuit also tends to mate alot - possibly calm down more after he is over a year old.

Maybe I'll make a crate into a temp coop and separate Cookie to see how Biscuits behaviour is towards me and hens.
He is still young. They are raging hormones as you know at this sage. My five and a half month old cockerel has never tried to bite or attack me but he has purposely gone over to my daughter and bit her feet while she was wearing sandals. She pinned him down a few times so that stopped it. Eko is very sweet natured, but hormones take over.🙂

Back
Top Bottom