Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 797 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 97 11.7%

• Total voters
Hmm I think the pretty boy from Hawaii looks like he might be a splash. Your cutie looks closer to Columbian gray or silver partridge with the addition of Columbian or a Columbian like restrictor. I've seen Columbian gray get mistaken for splash pretty often so while he won't be exactly like that rooster he will look somewhat similar. I'm sure he'll be gorgeous too! 🥰
I just hope I get to watch em all grown out and see how they look! They are so unique to the 2 splash silkies and 1 black I have! I miss my polish rooster - he had the pencil laced feathers and I LUVED em! Super excited!

It took me a month of daily checking my local facebook groups but my search for a silkie hen is over. A post was finally listed within a 3 hour one way driving distance, every other add I was finding was 6+ hours one way. Everyone meet Chiquita! She is a 2 1/2 year old hen in the color I wanted. She was being rehomed because she and their 2 other silkies, both males, were being beat up by their larger flock memebers. I was warned though when I picked her up this evening, she went broody and had to be broken up 10 times last year. She was allowed her first year to hatch and raise 2 clutches of chicks so when she goes broody on me I know she is a proven momma. Since I got home late she is spending the night inside in the cat carrier. Tomorrow I'll fix up her quarantine area.
DSCN6022.JPG
DSCN6020.JPG

RIP Burtle :( This morning he wasn't moving, not making a sound, just looked like he couldn't breathe properly so I quickly dislocated his neck with the painless broomstick method. Poor boy. I wonder what was wrong with him.
Oh no! I’m so sorry!! Poor Burtle, at least he’s no longer in any pain. :-(

It took me a month of daily checking my local facebook groups but my search for a silkie hen is over. A post was finally listed within a 3 hour one way driving distance, every other add I was finding was 6+ hours one way. Everyone meet Chiquita! She is a 2 1/2 year old hen in the color I wanted. She was being rehomed because she and their 2 other silkies, both males, were being beat up by their larger flock memebers. I was warned though when I picked her up this evening, she went broody and had to be broken up 10 times last year. She was allowed her first year to hatch and raise 2 clutches of chicks so when she goes broody on me I know she is a proven momma. Since I got home late she is spending the night inside in the cat carrier. Tomorrow I'll fix up her quarantine area.
View attachment 2958927View attachment 2958928
Congrats on your new baby! She’s so cute 🥰

View attachment 2958927View attachment 2958928
Awww chiquita 😍😍😍😍

RIP Burtle :( This morning he wasn't moving, not making a sound, just looked like he couldn't breathe properly so I quickly dislocated his neck with the painless broomstick method. Poor boy. I wonder what was wrong with him.
I'm so sorry.. thats so hard!! You did what was best for him... thinking of you both!! :hugs

Back
Top Bottom