Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 788 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 95 11.6%

• Total voters
Photos of the Littles eating this morning. They quickly figured out how to eat and drink and get under the heat of the brooder plate. I just love the happy sounds they make when they’re eating, it’s one of the nicest sounds I know!🥰View attachment 2975851View attachment 2975852
There may not be anything cuter than Silkie chicks 😍 Wish I could have one of your paints and your polkies!!

Photos of the Littles eating this morning. They quickly figured out how to eat and drink and get under the heat of the brooder plate. I just love the happy sounds they make when they’re eating, it’s one of the nicest sounds I know!🥰View attachment 2975851View attachment 2975852

Such gorgeous babies!!! ❤️

I can't wait to see how some of Eko's little ones you kept look by the time they get to 5-6 months as well! 😁

Ah. I would probably go with a older one as itd be easier this time (not to old, just like 6 month or something) for ease. they can, but make sure they dont get a ton of draft in their coop.
They dont have drafts in there coop. And i dont take the chicks outside unless there is a heat lamp in the coop or it is 70 degrees. They are also 8-10 weeks old when they go out. I dont get them tell March or beginning of April.

They dont have drafts in there coop. And i dont take the chicks outside unless there is a heat lamp in the coop or it is 70 degrees. They are also 8-10 weeks old when they go out. I dont get them tell March or beginning of April.
You mean putting a heat lamp outdoors? I wouldnt recommend that. Fire hazard.

Well..since everyone seemed so interested, i decided to just open the mini coop door and see what happened!

Esmeralda seemed a bit rambunctious, but she has "bitten" me before, and it felt like someone was attacking me with a q-tip, so i just let her be.

Daisy did not like being charged at by the silkie roo, so a slight poof of silkie feathers went flying. That settled that.

Elsa did as I expect, charged at everyone, so i decided to just hold and pet her. She slept for a good 20 minutes, and since then seems pretty uninterested. I know she's waiting for me to turn around though.

Minnie is sort of steering clear of everyone. She is so sweet anyhow, i have no worries with her. Pretty much i never anticipate damage from the D'uccles.

Oh, and gigantic Esmeralda has decided to move into the mini coop and not leave 🤣 even though she can't stand up in the thing!

Life will be easier when i can get everyone sharing the same coop at night. We will have a freeze overnight Wednesday, so ill try to get the sleeping settled before then. More bodies will keep everyone cozy.

Oh, and no one has given the teenie tiny silkie any issues! I was a bit worried for her.

20220129_153444.jpg 20220129_153430.jpg 20220129_153133.jpg 20220129_153150.jpg

Well..since everyone seemed so interested, i decided to just open the mini coop door and see what happened!

Esmeralda seemed a bit rambunctious, but she has "bitten" me before, and it felt like someone was attacking me with a q-tip, so i just let her be.

Daisy did not like being charged at by the silkie roo, so a slight poof of silkie feathers went flying. That settled that.

Elsa did as I expect, charged at everyone, so i decided to just hold and pet her. She slept for a good 20 minutes, and since then seems pretty uninterested. I know she's waiting for me to turn around though.

Minnie is sort of steering clear of everyone. She is so sweet anyhow, i have no worries with her. Pretty much i never anticipate damage from the D'uccles.

Oh, and gigantic Esmeralda has decided to move into the mini coop and not leave 🤣 even though she can't stand up in the thing!

Life will be easier when i can get everyone sharing the same coop at night. We will have a freeze overnight Wednesday, so ill try to get the sleeping settled before then. More bodies will keep everyone cozy.

Oh, and no one has given the teenie tiny silkie any issues! I was a bit worried for her.

View attachment 2977066View attachment 2977067View attachment 2977068View attachment 2977069
They’re all adorable!

Back
Top Bottom