Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 788 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 95 11.6%

• Total voters
It's actually orange like it's beak (but it's turning yellowy). Is it possible to have orange? I mean the feathers on Bluey's feet are to die for!!! I've never seen one done like this! I've just noticed a whole lot of chest bumping going on as of last few days and doing Jackie Chan's pounce move on top of the 2 other chicks!

I can't have all boys and no girls can i?I?!
Man I just rehomed Grayson!

No Bluey must be a girl!!!!! Please Lord!
She started out so light and gorgeous and is darkening up! Yall still think boy?!
With that much loving, id say definitely a boy... they're always the Heartbreakers 💔 🐓 🙎‍♂️

With that much loving, id say definitely a boy... they're always the Heartbreakers 💔 🐓 🙎‍♂️
Yeah, sadly I would agree it's a boy...that would be unfortunate odds but I am finding it's more typical than I would like haha! I had some chicks of my own hatch recently that were sneaky eggs my broody cochins sat on, and 5 were developing and I am legit thinking all 5 are boys :barnie :hit They are gorgeous EEs and OEs too, so I would LOVE to keep them all. And one is a frizzle! A frizzle OE would be so nice. :love

Well she doesn't do that any more...that was just when couple weeks old or younger even. That's why I'm confused bout her...she's been very standoffs the past week or so and just began the Jackie Chan jumps on others.

Why didn't someone warn me that getting rid of your Silkies would be so....emotional? :hit

I made the HARD decision to get rid of mine. I really need to reduce the size of my flock and the Silkies just aren't really needed around here. I originally bought them to brood eggs for me, but then I discovered I have quite a few (too many, actually) broodies in my standard breeds PLUS my DH bought me an incubator.

So yeah, I've put them all up for sale and it's killing me.... :hit

:hit:hit:hit

20220517_162153.jpg
20220526_121201.jpg
20220526_121138.jpg

I'm down to 22 chickens now after culling my black cockerel. He was super skittish the most I've ever seen so not safe around the kids as he was jumping around or if someone ran or made sudden moves he'd pounce around screaming. Not pet material to sell although he may have calmed down with special attention I don't have the time to try and tame him. And I didn't want him picking fights with my rooster either.
My 8 chicks that are now a few months old all look like pullets with fluffy round crest bits surely I can't be lucky to have 5 girls in previous hatch and 8 girls in this lot! The one black cockerel was a single hatch before that. I'm hoping for 1 boy in the 5 shipped eggs for genetic diversity, they are about 5 weeks old now.

I built an awning àt the chicken coop on my own, so proud of myself 😂 I didn't really have any plans just made it up as I went along, hopefully it will stand up to weather!- I've only just started using a drill 😂
I'm going to staple a tarp over it on the weekend.
IMG_20220522_144447.jpg

I'm down to 22 chickens now after culling my black cockerel. He was super skittish the most I've ever seen so not safe around the kids as he was jumping around or if someone ran or made sudden moves he'd pounce around screaming. Not pet material to sell although he may have calmed down with special attention I don't have the time to try and tame him. And I didn't want him picking fights with my rooster either.
My 8 chicks that are now a few months old all look like pullets with fluffy round crest bits surely I can't be lucky to have 5 girls in previous hatch and 8 girls in this lot! The one black cockerel was a single hatch before that. I'm hoping for 1 boy in the 5 shipped eggs for genetic diversity, they are about 5 weeks old now.

I built an awning àt the chicken coop on my own, so proud of myself 😂 I didn't really have any plans just made it up as I went along, hopefully it will stand up to weather!- I've only just started using a drill 😂
I'm going to staple a tarp over it on the weekend.
View attachment 3124799
Nice job! I was just trying to figure out my situation too!

Back
Top Bottom