Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 787 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 95 11.6%

• Total voters

Attachments

• 20220627_141959.jpg
    20220627_141959.jpg
    453.9 KB · Views: 1
This is a little cockerel ,right ? he/she is almost 4 months old . hasn't crowed yet . Just trying to figure out if I have more hens then cockerels
I'm going with pullet... By four months I would expect to see 'streamer's' on the back of the head. This is a silkie mix, but the best photo I have showing the streamers. The long feathers on the back of the head.
IMGP0063.JPG

He is also 4 months old.

I'm going with pullet... By four months I would expect to see 'streamer's' on the back of the head. This is a silkie mix, but the best photo I have showing the streamers. The long feathers on the back of the head.View attachment 3166442
He is also 4 months old.
I wonder if I got better pictures . He/ she is getting spurs . My older hen doesn't have wattles that large or spurs
I'm going with pullet... By four months I would expect to see 'streamer's' on the back of the head. This is a silkie mix, but the best photo I have showing the streamers. The long feathers on the back of the head.View attachment 3166442
He is also 4 months old.
He/she is starting to get long spiky feathers coming out of his/her crest . The large wattles is what has me thinking boy , none of my others have large wattles .

Attachments

• IMG_20220522_185808760~2.jpg
    IMG_20220522_185808760~2.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 1
What is the best Silkie cross?
I really don't have a clue on that! I had General Lee given to me and a small Beilefelder/EE hen that I couldn't put with any other roo I had, so I gave her to GL for company. I decided to hatch some of her eggs this year and was totally surprised at the two chicks that I got.. Puff and Fluff Meister. Then I added a couple of bantam Buff Orpingtons to the mix. Once again I'm not disappointed. Here are the Puff (pullet) and Fluff Meister (roo). He's the sweetest guy ever.
IMGP0012.JPG
IMGP0023.JPG

Second hatch: Three of those babies.
IMGP0033.JPG
IMGP0034.JPG
IMGP0036.JPG

I just Lovvvve colorful birds!

I really don't have a clue on that! I had General Lee given to me and a small Beilefelder/EE hen that I couldn't put with any other roo I had, so I gave her to GL for company. I decided to hatch some of her eggs this year and was totally surprised at the two chicks that I got.. Puff and Fluff Meister. Then I added a couple of bantam Buff Orpingtons to the mix. Once again I'm not disappointed. Here are the Puff (pullet) and Fluff Meister (roo). He's the sweetest guy ever.View attachment 3166480View attachment 3166481
Second hatch: Three of those babies.View attachment 3166482View attachment 3166483View attachment 3166484
I just Lovvvve colorful birds!
They are beautiful!!! I absolutely love Puff and the last pullet!!

Back
Top Bottom