Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 788 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 95 11.6%

• Total voters
I had another BYC member say that he thinks Mellow isn't a pure Silkie because she doesnt have a crest coming in yet. Is she a mix?
Possibly.. but it could just be a smaller crest. You'll know once the new feathers start coming in in a few more weeks. As for now, i see dark skin, feather feet, and extra toes. Silkie qualifiers!

I actually don't know. She has a huge crest compared to all other silkie crosses Ive had. Even her sister has what Ive seen as a normal crest for a cross. I think it has more to do with the fact her mother has a big crest for a silkie.

Sister. This is before I collected eggs for the day.
View attachment 3167422

Mother
View attachment 3167423
They are both so beautiful!!!! What color is the Silkie?

OMGeeze so much chunky luv!!!
Beautiful!!!

So to get even poofier crest would u then breed back to a silkie?
That or polish. I think the polish was used to set the big crests into the silkies. They used to be far smaller.

I'm not planning on breeding her. I didnt mean to hatch crosses. I thought the father was a silkie as the cochin was only 10 weeks old. He was very precocious.

Broody Betty and Fuzzy hatched my baby Olandsk Dwarf chickies and now take them out and about with the whole flock 😍 I lost the last to hatch baby on the day it was 105 out…just wasn’t strong enough :-( but these three are happy and busy so far…gonna be using Betty and Fuzzy from now on 😆 SO much easier than an incubator 😍
2ABCFCE0-B9BB-4244-9091-523E696FF124.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom